Chapter 4

(Ashtons P.O.V)

I wake up to a soft sniffle from the front of the bus. I look at the time and it was 2AM, I lift myself up off the top bunk and walk over to the sound of the sniffle with my blanket wrapped around me. I knock on the side of the wall, to see Luke on his own with his eyes burning red. I go over and sit next to him with my arm around him. "Dude, come on. Don't cry. What's wrong? If your missing home, we'll be going home soon and-"

"James' gone." He cuts me off, breaking the news in a quiet voice. My tears rush to my eyes, but do not fall.

"What you saying Luke? I spoke to him a couple days ago." Slightly raising my voice.

"Him, and his mum."

"W-when? what about Holly?" My heart beats a little harder.

"Yesterday...She weren't there."

"What about Liam?" Calum says with a croak in his voice with a tear rolling down his voice standing with Michael.

"I don- I don't know." Luke cries.

"I'll talk to the manager, we have to go back. I'll apologise to the fans on twitter." Michael says trying to put on a strong appearance by holding back his tears.

"We couldn't of- we didn't even say goodbye." Luke says as Calum pulls him into a hug as they cry together.

Never thought so much could happen. Such great opportunities and we lose so many.

(Holly's P.O.V)

Danny and Ben stood on each side of me as we entered the house of sickness. I wanted to run back home and bury myself under my sheets. I need to wake up from this nightmare!

We got to the 3rd floor and saw Liz and Andrew talking to a Doctor in front of Liam's room. Bella and Dan was also there, the police officers from last night. I went ahead of the guys to Liz and she cupped my face, "Okay?" I didn't know the answer to her question, yet I nodded.

"Is Liam okay?" She pulled my arm towards the chairs and made me sit.

"Me and Andrew were just talking to the Doctor and he said because of the injury in his head which happened during the accident..."

"Liz, please tell me." I put my hand into hers and squeezed it.

"He's...He's fallen into a coma, I'm sorry!" Her tears fell uncontrollably, running down her face.

"Don't be sorry, it's not like it's your fault!"

"If I didn't call her over then she might've been alive."

"It's not like you can predict the future. Nothing is your fault! Your awesome! Thank you for being my second mum." I enfolded my arms around her. "It's not your fault. We can't control fate. I guess this is a nightmare come true." I couldn't manifest my pain any longer as tears filled my eyes so I ran towards the balcony, Danny's hand held me but I shrugged it off without looking back.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, 'Barbra' It was actually Luke but just in case someone 'accidently' had to go through my phone and take his number. I slid my phone across using my thumb as a tear drop fell onto the screen. I held the phone to my ear as I hid my face behind my legs. We both held a grieving silence.

"Hey." He said. I could sense his dejection.

"You okay?"

"I guess, you?"

"I don't know."

"I'm sorry, Jack called me and told me what had happened and I tried calling before, but yeah." He meant 'Kirsty' which was Ashton or Michael, I can't remember.