Chapter 3

(Holly's P.O.V):

I flickered my eyes opened, I sat up on my bed; 9AM, My head feeling heavy. Was last night a dream? How did I even get here? Everything looked the same but felt so different. So empty. I hated this. I hated myself. I wish, I didn't argue with her. But what's the point now?

I got myself up and didn't even look down the corridor of rooms filled with silence. I headed towards the stairs, but it felt like I was just falling into a pit filled with blankness.

I got half way down the stairs, I heard hushed whispers, I leaned over the staircase to see if I could see anyone inside, I saw Ben sitting with a large man, sitting on the couch, but I couldn't quite see his face. I tried to work out what they were saying but they were too quiet. Gosh! Speak up, people! I steadily got to the bottom of the staircase, trying my best to make the minimum amount of noise, so nobody would notice me.

I tiptoed over to the kitchen as quick as I could, as soon as I stepped in, "Holly?" He sounded familiar, I took a step back. Black vans and chinos with an off white tee, Muscular build;

"Uncle Danny!" I ran towards him and he picked me up and I hugged him as I put my arms around his neck. He still had his horrible by the smells of it. My tears began to shed tears once again, He reminded me of Dad and Mum and how we were all happy when we were younger. I wish I had a time machine! "So the army let you have time off?"

"There's more important things to that, I'm really sorry Hal. I came as soon as I heard."

"I'm sorry too." He hugged me again, picking me up. I could hear him sniffle. Danny is apart of the British army, was along with my Dad. He had died, when the opposition had shot him in the back and by the time help got to him, he already had lost too much blood. I miss him so much, I wish I had gotten to know him more, but I'm still proud of him and everyone who puts there life at risk everyday for the nation. But I guess that's why we moved away from London to Australia. To get away.

He's my mum's brother.

He put me down, He knelled to the ground and still was about 5 feet, I wiped his tears and shook my head looking into his hazel eyes, similar to mine.

"Hal, go get dressed. We got to go to go to the hospital as well kid." Ben said, leaning over the side of the door.

"Yeah." I breathed out. "Where's Liz?" Danny stood to his feet.

"I think she's with Liam."

"How is he? Has he woken up yet?"

"No. I know as much as you do. Now go. We got a long day ahead of us."

"We'll talk properly later. Okay? I nodded as Danny rubbed my arm.

I grabbed my phone from my bedroom and I came back downstairs, still avoiding the void of rooms after taking the longest shower to take my mind off things. Didn't work.

I sat on the couch with my feet up so my knees were hiding my face, I put my phone on charge and waited for it to switch back on. Finally! It's on! 7 miss calls from Kirsty and spam of texts and other notifications. I ignored it. I can't be bothered with anything.

"Babe, Breakfast?" Danny put toast on a plate for me on the dining table. But it just reminded me of family and I also felt a little sick.

"Not hungry."

"Hal, you need something. You should eat." I shook my head. I didn't want to speak either.

"Have this glass of juice then?" I listened to Ben and I went over to the dining table to pick up the glass of juice.I took a seat and swirled the glass in my hand seeing the juice turn in a circular motion.I could not even flinch my eyes to look at the lonely chairs which would have been sat on at this very time with everyone eating breakfast. Mum asking "Do you want another one? It will be a long day!" and then one of the boys would be snatching the food from me onto their own plates.

The loud crash onto the table shook my entire body, I immediately flung the chair back and stood up. "Shit!"

"What happened?" Ben rushes into the living room.

"Juice fell." I say in a whisper, I didn't want to speak, but I didn't want to be rude.

"I got it!" Danny says walking in with a cloth. I take it from his hands, the bittersweet smell lifted into my nostrils making my tummy rumble. I ignored it. The white cloth absorbed the orange juice. I rubbed the cloth over the table slowly, I forgot that Ben and Uncle Danny were still in the same room as me. Mum would've yelled at me for making a mess, why isn't she here to yell at me? My head begins spinning. The lump in my throat rises. My finger tips become numb, starting to shiver.

"That's enough now honey, it's clean." Uncle Danny says gently squeezing my shoulder. I couldn't move anymore, my body was frozen stiff. I tried releasing the cloth from my hand, but I just couldn't. The rate of my heartbeat increased and my breath shortened.

"I-I want them t-to be here." I say slightly rising my voice. "I can't do this without them."

Ben pulled me back onto the chair sitting me down, "It's okay." He takes the cloth out of my trembling hand slowly, leaving the room so it was just me and Uncle Danny.

"They should be here..." I say softly. "They can't leave me." Uncle Danny remained quiet squeezing my hand a little tighter. "Please, s-say something." I glanced at the corridor and Ben was kneeling against the wall with a tear rolling down his face. I walked over and held onto his wrist as he wiped away his tear with his other hand. "Ben, please tell him to say something." He stayed still. "Why won't you say anything!"

Uncle Danny pulled me into a hug and softly cried. "I miss them too baby girl. But we have to stay strong for Liam. We can't cry when he needs us most." He says wiping his tears. "We should go." He says facing Ben. I sniffle and wipe my tears too, nodding.

AN:

Hey again guys! Surprise update :D You're very welcome x

Hope you all are doing well and enjoying the summer!!

This was kind of a bridge so you guys can capture the feeling and emotion of what the characters of the story are going through and don't worry the boys will be in next chapter haha :D

Thank you for reading an i hope you like chapter 3, lemme know what you think of it! So comment below!

Get your friends to read it too, if you think they are up for it? Share and VOTE!

You can follow me on twitter: Ashxxtnn

and on Sc: Scrawt19

Im starting to do dedications aswell so if you want one, comment, vote and share!!

Thank you for reading,

Saba x