"We've mastered our weapons, stealth, and hand to hand combat, but we haven't achieved the very first of the eighteen Ninjitsu disciplines. The Seishin Suyou, or "spiritual refinement. " All true ninjas must master it." Leo stated. 

"Hey, who says I'm not spiritually refine- ugh -ed. Whoa. Heh. Must have been- Okay, you win. Let's get refined." Mikey stated. 

Out on our expedition, We meditate in the woods, cross rivers, practice ninjutsu, and meditate some more. At night, the leaves levitate up to the sky which frightens Mikey.

"It's happening! WWAAAah!" Mikey screamed. 

Mikey falls off the tree. After climbing down the tree, Leo then saw the deer.

"Whoa. Guys, look. It was the same deer. I think it's been following us." Leo stated. 

"It's probably laughing at the four dumb turtles and neko lost in the woods." Raph stated as I slap him upside the head, taking offense to him calling me dumb.

"Actually, in the Shinto religion, deer are considered messengers of the divine. Maybe it means we're on the right path." Donnie stated. 

Then out of nowhere, a deer appears. In a full close-up, he becomes much different than an animal. He is a taller and more muscular humanoid. The deer glares stoically at Leonardo, who's paralyzed in shock and surprise. However, his sight not only shocks Leo, but also his brothers, who react in shock by the sight of their "mutant".

"Mutant!" We all exclaimed in unison, but I noticed it wasn't a mutant. 

"No, wait! It's not a mutant!" I exclaimed. 

The boys started to attack the spirit, but he dodged their attack with no effort.

"Guys, stop!" I exclaimed.  

Donnie ended up whacking Mikey. Confused, Donnie looked around until he bumped into Raph. Raph started tackling Donnie. 

"Stop! I said stop!" I screamed. 

Everyone stops to see the deer is gone.

"Whoa, dudes. It's gone." Mikey stated. 

We set-up the campfire, feeling bored. Suddenly, the fireplace turns blue and then manifests itself into none other than...

"Master Splinter!/Otōsan!" We all exclaimed. 

"Watashi no kodomo-tachi."(my children). Otōsan said in Japanese. 

"Are you, like a ghost?" Mikey asked. 

"My spirit has become detached from my body, but that body still lives." Otōsan stated. 

"You're alive? Where are you, Sensei? Let us help you." Leo pleaded. 

"You cannot yet. There is much you must overcome. If you cannot find your inner, spiritual strength, you will not stand a chance against the Shredder." Otōsan stated. 

"But Master Splinter, my leg injury, it-it's physical. Until I heal..." Leo stated. 

"We choose what holds us back and what moves us forward. You will all learn this. Each of you must journey out alone to face your spiritual adversary." Otōsan stated then he turned to Raph.  

"Raphael, your temper is like a fire that you must learn to focus for power." Raph stated. 

Raph bows and Otōsan then turns to Mikey.

"Michelangelo, your mind is overrun with distractions. Learn to be strong and calm, like the forest." Otōsan stated. 

Mikey nods and Otōsan then turns to Donnie.