Chapter 7

The only one that returned the energy was of course Cassian, but I might not have been prepared to see his shine at that very moment.

My heart was asking to jump right out my throat and at him.

He didn't just smile, he shined bright as the sun like he was a being filled of fluff and love! And yet he was a very tall bulky and scary looking man, oh the irony.

To be fair he didn't look amused at the moment, he just seemed to be glowing with joy for some reason?

Suddenly Rhysand's head snapped towards both of his brothers with a shocked incredulous look on his face and they likely started speaking through their thoughts because Cassian's smile turned into some kind of a pout and he crossed his arms over his chest while Azriel nodded dutifully although he too looked disappointed.

I took it as a chance to stand up, slowly so that I would catch their attention and get pinned to the ground in case I was of any sort of danger, not that I would've minded.

Helping pull up Roxanne with me I look at the boys then back at her raising my brows. She makes a face pursing her lips and giving me a smirk.

"Oh shut up, I did not! I wasn't that obvious..."

Roxanne didn't so much as blink giving me the look that clearly meant "sure honey whatever rocks your boat".

"Please, you weren't discreet either! Didn't even say a word and just stared, who's the weirdo then?"

This time Roxanne did glare at me rolling her eyes.

"Anyways...You boys do know that even together me and Roxy barely oppose any type of threat!"

Cassian's head looked like it might snap from how fast he turned when I addressed them, Rhysand looked intreaged while Azriel just glared and raised his bandaged hand.

"That barely even counts you yeeted us around like it was nothing!"

Roxanne nodded in agreement rubbing her sore ass from when Azriel threw her.

"What did you expect? We open our eyes in the middle of the mountains with pointy ears next there's a random big guy with giant fucking wings reaching for us. Also be thankful I got stressed and just thought to bite, you were reaching to grab my cousin while she was half knocked out on the ground!"

Of course Rhysand just smirked, his smirk is creepier in real life than books.

"You're not helping your cases!"

Finally Roxanne decided to speak.

"If she barks she won't bite. It's when she's quiet that stuff gets dangerous! Plus we've got zero combat training other than self taught crap and me with Judo, but that's self defense primarily"

I stare open mouthed at my cousin.

"So it's all bluff?"

Should I scream fuck you Rhys? No. Would I if it didn't equal death? Most definitely!

"My point is...bitch"

I give a quick playful glare and my cousin, to which she sends a flying kiss my way.