Chapter 14

Hearing him groan I turn around which causes my wing to throw him back on the ground.

"Shit, I'm sorry! I just- How do these work?!"

Doing my best to lock my wings close to my body with my arms holding them there I feel my panic only growing.

As if to make it all worse I hear Roxanne quiet gasp now that my back's turned to her.

"Nell's, don't freak out more but your new cool wings just tore apart your shirt and hoodie..."

"What?!"

Feeling my back again I notice all that's survived without tearing apart is my bra, and that the sleeves are the only thing keeping what little cloth survived covering my front.

Almost immediately I go to cross my arms over my chest, making sure they stay there but of course that means my wings are now free of movement.

Seconds after I've already knocked something else down, just great! I was clumsy enough with just my old limbs I think?!

"Yeah no, we're fixing this!"

Experimentally letting go of the torn shirt and hoodie, I relax once seeing them both more or less hang on.

Wiggling out of the broken hoodie I tug carefully at the sides of my torn shirt before deciding it's all or nothing and start trying it at the back with the most basic double knot. Hopefully I can get it off on my own later...

"Yay! Done, now I'm just gonna start moving around like this so that I don't completely cause a redecoration of the house of wind."

I force my wings to fold close to my body.

"Worth it though, you look badass!"

Roxanne's comment made me smile feeling a bit better, too much had happened since getting here but this could be okay...this could be fun

"I sincerely doubt it. I've got a rats nest for hair, a ripped t-shirt tied at the back, some dirty leggings fuzzy socks and likely a bruise forming somewhere because of the not so stealthy Spymaster! Only two cool things are my now pointy ears and these Illyrian wings I've yet to be able to control."

"And the weird red energy waves!"

I repeat Roxy's words with a nod.

"And the weird red energy waves... But don't even ask me to repeat that shit, I've no idea what that was! Also why couldn't she kill us?"

My cousin shrugs not too bothered by that but instead admires my new wings.

Lucien clears his throat though and that makes us both look at him confused to which he only nods behind us.

Turning to look, carefully tucking in my new wings closer to me only to face the mildly annoyed and shocked inner circle. Nesta was more than mildly annoyed but who cares!

Returning to my safe spot hugging Roxanne from behind I notice that my wings wrap almost instinctively around her as well. Of course she noticed too and only chuckled mumbling.

"Double hug!"

There's isn't a word or answer that comes from the inner circle they all just sort of stare and look at each other wandering what to do.