Chapter 5

"Fuck no Rhys, I will not be dealing with those two again! Why? The one with the curls fucking bit me when I tried to reach for the other one!"

Loud voices screaming outside wake me up and I wince at the pulsing in my head. My hand reaches to rub my temples, god's that hurts. Where am I?!

Looking around I find Roxanne sleeping besides me and sigh in relief. What happened?

" I'm telling you, she saw me and I was just about to ask who they were, when she fucking takled me. I manage to grab on to her ankle when she was standing back up, but damn them I landed on a rock and my back's still sore. Of course the second one had to make her move then! She almost broke my wrist before I got to push her off. And then when I'm reaching to at least stop that one from escaping the girl with the curls came back and bit my hand that was reaching for her friend!"

Oh, right yeah, that happened! Looking around I notice I'm in something similar to a prison cell? Shit was that guy a police man?! Maybe we should've asked before attacking.

I notice Roxanne getting shaked awake by the booming laugh on the other side of the large metal door.

"Quit laughing! She's got a mean bite, like hard. I swear there was no other choice but to knock them out, I apologize but my hand was bleeding and there were few options. Actually I didn't really need to knock either of them out, straight hair went out after I threw her and curls passed out pointing at my wings and hit her head."

That's right the wings! Looking at Roxy I open my mouth and so does she but neither of us makes a move, the guy had giant scary bat wings and it wasn't another collective hallucination since he'd just said it himself.

Sitting on the cold grown with a raging headache we both just stared at each other, Roxanne points to the door and I nod shaking my hands around.

Not a word was needed, bat wings, pointy ears endless mountains covered in snow like climate change is simply not a thing...

"Night court..."

We both whispered the words at the same time and likely because of the overall tension we were under that just seemed hilarious.

"No way!" I shake my head speechless.

"Yeah can't be"

Suddenly the man outside have gone quiet and although I just manage to make a strangled sound in realization I get to see the rare occurrence of Roxy cussing like a sailor as we hear the locks go off.

Scrambling over to her I do my best to push back my curls that had escaped the braid, reason why the somehow real Illyrian had called me curls.

When I get to Roxanne she's just staring intently at the door but I don't care and start shaking her by her shoulders.

"Are we in a court of thorns and roses?!"