Chapter 1: Part II

Chris was informed about the incident involving his colleagues at the gym. He subsequently visited the owner and his son, who also serves as Chris's coach, at the hospital. They had sustained a few fractures, but the attending physician assured Chris that they would recover fully. Chris inquired about the identity of the perpetrator, but they were hesitant to divulge this information. They were aware of Chris's current circumstances and did not want him to jeopardize his opportunity to obtain his degree. Chris was adamant about addressing the recent incident. They had treated him with kindness, and Chris felt compelled to reciprocate. His coach informed him that the individual responsible was a new gym member. Initially, the new member appeared unremarkable. He made a remark about his superior fighting abilities compared to Chris. Upon observing the extent of their injuries, it became evident that their opponent displayed a complete lack of compassion and mercy during the altercation. Chris, known for his restraint and measured approach to combat, has always refrained from unleashing his full potential. However, based on the current circumstances, it appears that his usual strategy may no longer be feasible.

Nathan met with Ethan and Malcolm, but he did not express any regret for his actions. Ethan strongly advised Nathan to maintain a low profile for the time being, expressing his concern about potential further disruptions. Malcolm concurred with Ethan's rationale and attempted to reason with Nathan, emphasizing their friendship and hoping that Nathan would be receptive to his counsel. However, Malcolm's expectations were not met. Nathan disregarded their advice and disclosed his intentions, expressing his desire for a challenging adversary. Having observed Chris's capabilities, Nathan recognized him as a formidable opponent who could provide the challenge he sought. In the absence of viable alternatives, Ethan was compelled to devise a strategy that would effectively mitigate potential losses. It was imperative for Ethan to exercise caution, given Nathan's propensity for impulsive behavior. Despite his reservations, Malcolm deferred to Ethan's judgment, confident in his ability to make well-informed decisions.

The name Chris received from his coach was an alias used by Nathan, making the probability of locating Nathan quite low. All individuals present at the gym were hospitalized. Chris temporarily suspended his studies to conduct inquiries within the town, confident that someone could provide assistance. He proceeded to visit other gyms with the expectation of obtaining additional information. However, Nathan exclusively attended the gym recommended by Owen. Nathan presented Ethan and Malcolm with an ultimatum: either they cease interfering with him or their alliance will be terminated. This implied that Chris would not be his sole target. Ethan and Malcolm recognized their inability to confront Nathan. Nevertheless, they were unwilling to jeopardize the purpose of their presence. In a recent encounter, Ethan demonstrated his ability to hold his breath underwater for extended periods of time, while Malcolm showcased his expertise in driving. However, neither of these skills posed a significant threat to Nathan, who possesses extensive combat expertise. Nathan swiftly incapacitated Malcolm and turned his attention to Ethan. Ethan acknowledged his inability to emerge victorious in a physical confrontation with Nathan. However, to everyone's surprise, he demonstrated unexpected resilience and managed to hold his ground effectively. Subsequently, he provided Malcolm with an opportunity to regain his composure and rise from the ground.

Nathan observed Malcolm's recovery attempts, acknowledging the unexpected challenge posed by Ethan's defensive capabilities. Nathan was defeated by Raymond in a previous encounter. Although he would never openly acknowledge it, Nathan holds Raymond in high regard and acknowledges his superiority. However, Ethan's capabilities were significantly inferior to Raymond's. Nathan had already depleted his energy reserves. Malcolm identified an opportunity to support Ethan in his disagreement with Nathan. Nathan began to relish the challenge of competing against both of them. His prior physical altercation at the gym intensified his resolve to exert his full strength without restraint. By coincidence, Chris happened to be observing from a distance. He noticed two individuals struggling against a single opponent. Before intervening, Chris carefully assessed the situation to determine its severity. Based on his experience, Chris had encountered numerous instances of sparring outside the designated gym. It was a firm policy for gym members to refrain from engaging in physical altercations outside the facility. However, Chris disregarded this policy and found himself admiring an individual who displayed exceptional skill. However, his admiration quickly dissipated when he noticed that one of the opponents was injured.