Chapter 11: Targets Part 2

Wednesday POV:

After getting through her first 5 classes, Wednesday found herself in the academies' backfield in hunting appropriate clothes. There at the border between the safety of the school grounds met the edge of the misty dark forest that whispered promises of death the ravenette readied her bow.

"H-hey Wednes. Um you know you don't need to do this. You're heading straight into the place that monster you've been talking non-stop about lingers in" Enid looked nervously at the woods. "Can't you guys do something else like duel?"

Wednesday sighed. Not 100% out of annoyance but with a bit of frustration to the fact that she couldn't tell Enid. Although she would never admit to it out loud much less consciously to herself, she has grown to appreciate Enid as a companion. She would at least listen to her and try to understand what her mission was, which she appreciated a lot. The same went with Eugene who also tried to be supportive.. A feeling that was similar to the one she felt with her brother, the need to protect and stay strong. She only thought that would be the closest thing she would feel to any type of emotion outside of anger and annoyance. That was until she met you.

You on the other hand understood everything. But unlike her feelings towards Enid, the ones pointing towards you were nothing but moths eating her from the inside that made her feel giddy. It made her feel warm and fuzzy as if global warming had infected her body. She hated it yet, she would find herself missing the odd sensation when you weren't around hence staying up late thinking about the moments that triggered said emotion to feel the oddness of it again.

"This is a duel. We're just hunting each other." Upon hearing that, Enid went on a heavy tangent on how unlike her, you were trained by the military of your species and had a bit of battle experience. If anyone was going to get hurt or worse it was going to be her. She then went on saying there is no shame in surrendering and that you would never use her in any way that would make her feel uncomfortable.

Just then you finally appeared. Just like her, you were out of your uniform wearing hunting clothes. Unlike her, you weren't wearing all black. You had a dark brown leather jacket that had black fur in the hood and tips of the sleeves. Within the jacket was a white scarf that peaked out just a bit. Lastly, somewhat tight cargo pants with knee-high boots. On your back was silver arrows and a bow.

"Wednesday," you said with a nod.

"Y/L/N" she said looking away from you, towards the woods. There she saw none other than your demonic crow Atredis landing on a tree's branch peaking the wood to tell her to follow him.

"Alright ladies, the rules are simple. Shoot animals only. And when I mean animals I mean nonintelligent beings Addams!" said the gym teacher, glaring at Wednesday.

Humans and other species like ours aren't as intelligent as they seem, she thought as she prepared to run into the woods.

"Kill up to five animals and bring back the bodies if possible. We highly recommend you aim for invasive species within the woods which are majority bird species. The first one to five or with more kills wins. BEGIN".

With that Wednesday ran into the woods followed by you. However, you went to the opposite side of the woods. The side that held the old meeting house.

With that, she pick up the pace and allowed the gloomy woods to swallow her whole to avoid the many eyes watching for from seeing the true intention of this duel.

Y/N POV:

It has been 10 minutes since the supposed duel began. Within those 10 minutes, you managed to kill 4 Common Starlings, 1 House Flinch, 2 rats, and 2 Ruddy Ducks.