"We heard you were in the city, I can't believe I found you!" The younger girl cried out in excitement. "Rein, you have to come with me to see the Earth King. He's going to help us take down the Fire Nation once and for all."

"Oh... I don't know Katara, it's Iroh's grand opening and I promised to help out." Rein stumbled over her words, overwhelmed by the presence of Katara. They were estranged friends to say the least and the younger teen's nonchalantness irritated Rein.

"Please? We can talk on the way, I know I owe you a long overdue apology." Katara pleaded.

"Go, Kireina. Zuko and I will be fine." Iroh appeared, shoving the two girls towards the exit. Katara grew stiff at the newfound company, her hand hovering over the water skin hooked to her waist.

Rein looked from Iroh to Katara before nodding, turning on her heel and making way to the door. "I'll be back by dinner." She told him, her eyes searching behind him for Zuko. Quickly untying her apron, she handed it to Iroh and bid him a curt farewell. Katara blindly followed after her, chewing her lip nervously as she knew she would surely get a good scolding.

The two girls were barely off the property before Zuko charged down the cobblestone to block their path. Katara's face instantly fell into a scowl, her distaste in the firebender evident. Rein, on the other hand, smirked at his enraged expression, liking the way he yearned for control over her.

"Where are you going?" He didn't ask but demanded.

"That's none of your business!" Katara snapped back at him. Rein internally laughed at the scene. She always enjoyed watching people who didn't understand Zuko interact with him. Strangers weren't adept to the fact that the Prince struggled socially, his tone more often than not coming off as commanding and sometimes bratty.

"I wasn't talking to you, sewage bender." Zuko snarled, his stare burning holes into Katara's head. "You're not leaving me again, are you, Reina?"

She shook her head, the smile still playing on her lips. "I'll be back before you know it, Zu. Take a chill pill and go back to work."

He eyed her for a moment longer before unashamedly pulling her in for a kiss, muttering a goodbye and stomping back into the tea shop. Katara's jaw had fallen open, surprised by the scene she previously witnessed.

"Take me to your leader." Rein joked, gesturing for Katara to lead the way whilst simultaneously ignoring her bewilderment.

     The duo walked in silence until the crowds of pedestrians filtered away. Rein was patiently awaiting her apology, allowing Katara to gather the courage to speak. Every few minutes her eyes would dart over to the waterbender, wondering what thoughts invaded her young mind.

     "How are you?" Katara managed to choke out, anxiousness seeping from her pores. Rein didn't reply, instead quirked her eyebrow at the girl, arms crossed. "Aang misses you a lot."

     "This doesn't sound very apologetic." Rein tutted, smirking inwardly as Katara's cheeks reddened.

     Katara swallowed, "I'm going to be honest with you because I think you deserve at least that much. We didn't talk about you after you left, we didn't want to upset Sokka."

Tears brimmed in Rein's waterline at this newfound information. She should have known they would have taken Sokka's side and shun her just like he did. Halting her steps, she tilted her head back to keep the unforeseen tears from falling. Rein debated just turning around and rejoining Zuko to serve tea.

It really solidified in her that these people weren't her friends, they were her brother's. No matter how hard she cared for them, they never seemed to reciprocate the feeling.

Rein sucked in a deep breath, trying hard to ignore her shakiness, "I-I don't understand. I thought we were friends—I know we got into a fight but it wasn't the end, it's never the end."

Katara frowned and rapidly grabbed Rein's hand, pulling it into her chest. "We are! Ugh, this is not how I wanted this conversation to go. Yes, we didn't speak about you but that doesn't mean we all weren't constantly thinking about you. The regret from our last encounter eats away at me, Rein, I'm so sorry I made you feel uncared for because that is far from the truth. You're everything I want to be; courageous, cunning, and powerful. I just hate that it took you leaving for me to realize that."

Kireina knew if Iroh were here listening to Katara he'd blame it on the Guider Effect. In order for Katara to successfully guide Rein to Zuko, she couldn't be of help to her friend. Katara's avoidance in assisting Rein wasn't in her character but by doing so she effectively pushed the teen away. It makes sense that she realized her misdoings after the Ekkona left, the Guider Effect wearing off and haze clearing enough to think properly again.

"All's forgiven, Katara." Rein smiled, pulling the younger girl in for a hug. "Now where's my brother? He get any taller?"

"Aang and Sokka are away right now, actually. Team Avatar stuff, ya know, the usual."

Rein fell into a comfortable silence, listening to Katara fill her in on everyone's whereabouts as they skipped up the steps to the Earth King's estate. Katara pushed open the massive front doors, allowing Rein to enter first. She walked in, gaping at the sheer size of the building let alone the ornateness of it all.

Shutting the doors behind her, Katara strolled in to stand beside Rein, her eyes surveying the area. "Oh, hey Suki! Is the Earth King around? There's someone I want him to meet."

The Kyoshi Warrior approached them, "I believe he's taking a nap in his chambers, feel free to wait."

The minute her voice pierced the air, Rein was preparing to pounce. "Zula, baby? Is that you hiding under all of that makeup? I thought we talked about less is more?"

"Talk about a plot twist! I genuinely had no clue you and ZuZu were shacking up in Ba Sing Se—I would have stopped by for a visit had I known!" Azula sneered through her wicked smirk.

"Aw, did you miss me?" Rein mimicked her expression, taking a threatening step forward.

Azula stumbled backwards, glaring towards Rein after she steadied herself. The makeup hid her flushed cheeks but did nothing to mask the beads of sweat forming on her forehead; Kireina made her nervous for many reasons.

Mai and Ty Lee stood off to the side, studying the encounter whilst simultaneously awaiting their cue to attack. Azula's entire demeanor changed in the presence of Rein, completely submitting to the multibender. It was something they had never seen before.

"As if I would ever miss somebody like you." Azula spit, her comeback aiming to strike any nerve she could.

Taking another menacing step in Azula's direction, Rein chuckled, "I think we both know that's not true."

"Enough of this! Send them to the catacombs!" Azula ordered, her voice bouncing off of the walls. Rein raised her hand to send an air strike at Azula but Ty Lee was quick to jab at her pressure points, leaving her a crumpled mess on the palace floor. Katara shared the same fate, lying beside her unable to move a muscle. "I like this view of you more."

"Eat your words, Zula, they always do." Rein whispered, grunting as a guard hoisted her up over his shoulder.