part 13 ♡

I wake up in an unfamiliar room to sal tapping me on the shoulder. It's his room. I guess I slept over last night.

"Y/n! Goodmorning." Sal smiles at me.
"Good morning." I say, rubbing my eyes.
"We have school in like an hour, so maybe get up." He says. Turning around and looking for something in his room.

"Okay. Uh, I have no clothes for school, though." I tell him, sitting up straight in bed. He turns around and hands me a pair of jeans and a hoodie. He's only a bit taller than me, so they'll definitely fit. I also have a T-shirt to wear from yesterday.
"Thanks." I say, getting up and walking into the bathroom.

I get changed into his clothes, and I splash my face with water. I fix my hair and I leave the bathroom. I still have my school bag because I brought it with me yesterday so there's no reason for me to go back to my apartment.

I go into sals room. We both get breakfast before leaving his apartment to go to ashs car. We walk over to the evaluator only to find that it's broken right now. We have to use the stairs. We walk over to the stair well.

"Race you?" Sal asks before going down the stairs, I immediately start running down the stairs, sal quickly races after me. We get to the bottom of the stairs.
"You cheated, though." Sal jokes.
"No. How did I cheat?" I say.
"Uhhhh yeah fair enough." He laughs as he opens the door to the outside. We see ash in her small black car with larry and todd in their usual spots.

We get into the car and ash turns around to talk to me. She starts saying something but she stops and her eyes scan my outfit.
"I swear I've seen sal wear that same exact thing." She raises her eyebrow at me.
"Oh uh, I slept over at sals last night and had to borrow some of his clothes this morning." I tell her.
"Oh. Okay then." She says, turning back around to start driving.

Sal takes my hand in his and we hold hand the whole 10 minute drive to school.
Larry looks at us with a bit of confusion. Sal leans into my ear.
"Can i tell them?" He whispers. I hesitate for a second.
"Yea. If you want to." I whisper back.
He nods and pulls away.
"Uh... y/n is my girlfriend now." He says.

"Oh? That's so definitely unexpected, i would have never guessed." Larry says sarcasticly. Me and sal laugh.
"Thats cool, though. I'm happy for you both." Ash says, driving into the school. She parks and we get out of the car, me and sal still holding hands.

As sal and I walked into our first class of the day, the same bruised blonde boy from the other day was glaring at me and sal when we walked in. We ignored him.

We walk up to ash, larry and Todd's table at lunch, sitting down beside them.
"Hey." I feel a tap on my shoulder, it's sal. I turn around.
"Yeah?" I ask.
"Do you uh... wanna leave? Like now." He responds. I smile and nod.
"Sure." I say, putting down my sandwich.
"Okay."

We explain to the others where we're going and then we get up.
"Wait, we're allowed to like leave for lunch and stuff, right?" I ask sal as we walk to the schools front door.
"Yea. Then we can kinda just not come back." He says. I nod and we exit the school. I think of the places that we could go.
"Wanna go to the field?" I ask sal.
"Sure."

We get there 15 minutes later, sal and I sit beside the tree that we carved our initials in during summer. We sit there for a while and we talk about everything and nothing.

After a couple minutes of silence, sal hands me one of his earbuds and presses play on a song. I rest my head on his shoulder. I close my eyes for a bit.

"Are you awake?" He asks, I nod.
"Yeah. What time is it?" I say, rubbing my eyes.

"4:30pm." He says after checking his phone for the time.
"Okay. I think I should go home now, my mom might be annoyed if I'm not back soon." I say, slowly getting up. Sal follows me, and we walk to the apartments together.

I slowly open my aparment door. My moms home from work at this point. I open the door and see her at the kitchen table.

"Where have you been?" She asks.
"School?" I respond.
"For 2 days?" She says getting up from her chair.
"What? I was at ashs house yesterday. I texted you."
"No, you didn't."

I take out my phone from my pocket, checking me and my moms texts only to see that I forgot to send the message telling her where I was. I had typed it out, I guess I just forgot to press send.
"I forgot to tell you where I was."  I tell her.
"Okay." She sighs. I leave the kitchen and go to my bedroom.

I do some of my homework while listening to some songs that ash recommended to me. I check the time on my phone.
"6:45pm."

After I have dinner in akward silence with my mom, I go back to my bedroom and text sal for a while. I fall asleep after that.

{A/N: HELLOOOO:33 I think I forgot to make an a/n on the last chapter but anyways. ALSO. MESSY IS NUMBER 13 IN SALFISHER RN?!?! That's actually insane, also it has nearly 400 reads omg TAHNK U ALL SM :33 and btw from now on im gonna try make the chapters longer<33 AND BTW IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE OR SUGGESTIONS FOR MY WRITING PLS TELL MEEEEE TY FOR READING <3}