Chapter 35- Invitation

The first rays of sun peeked through the curtains of the room and hit Ruby's face, the light successfully waking her up regardless of her closed eyelids. She groaned and turned away from the window, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes and yawned.

"Slept well?" A sweet voice asked, causing her to flinch. Ruby looked to the side and her throat went dry as she locked eyes with Darcy's gold ones that, with the light from the sun, shone brighter then the city of El Dorado. The sun also made her skin glow like a thousand pearls, and her hair looked more lustrous than before, as lighter brown and even golden strands were highlighted. "Done staring? I know I look as precious as a diamond, but no need to look like a cod fish, Honey."

Ruby immediately blushed and looked away embarrassed for having been caught staring which made the Witch laugh. The Fairy rolled her eyes, putting up a tough façade.

"Whatever, Precious." Ruby said, spitting out the nickname sarcastically, but not noticing the effect it had on the witch.

"Well, uh, I gotta go." Darcy said, moving her hair behind her ear. "I was kind of already leaving, anyways."

"I noticed." Ruby said, looking at the Witch's standing figure up and down, her eyes lingering on her cleavage for a second longer before staring back up at her eyes. "Apparently I already know your type. You have sex with someone and then you leave without saying anything to them."

"That-that is not true. I-I always stay because maybe it could've been the person's first time a-and I'd like to be there for them. I'm not that type. And also we only slept next to each other we didn't really sleep... you were just messing with me, weren't you?" Darcy concluded as she noticed Ruby's mocking smirk.

"Aren't you the one who's supposed to make people fall for lies so easily?" Ruby teased, chuckling.

"Well, I didn't want you to think I was that type of person."

"Calm down, Darcy. I'm just messing with you." Ruby chuckled. "You're kind of cute when you ramble like that. Didn't think you would, but then again you did prove to be very different than what I thought you were last night."

"Different good?" Darcy asked, fiddling with her fingers nervously.

"Yeah. Different good." Ruby answered, smiling up at the Witch.

Darcy smile, relieved and approached the redhead. She cupped her face, startling her, and leaned in to place a lingering kiss on her forehead as her thumbs made slow and gentle strokes on Ruby's redenning cheekbones. She then pulled away and smiled at the Fairy who stared at her speechless.

"See you later, Lit... Ruby." Darcy said, moving away from the girl.

"You can... Call me that if you want." Ruby said, timidly. "It sounds better when you say it anyway."

Darcy smiled brightly and nodded.

"Sure. Bye, Little One." And with that, she teleported away, leaving Ruby alone in the room.

She sighed and leaned her head on hands, the events of the last 12 hours replaying in her head on loop. Ruby couldn't help but feel a sense of familiarity with Darcy, as if they had ever hung out like that before. She was for sure they never did, but she felt so good with her around like she hasn't felt in so long. The last person she knows for sure made her feel like that was Ebony, but she couldn't posibly be falling for Darcy. That's absurd, Ruby's a Fairy and Darcy's a Witch, and the same goes for the other two, they don't match. They could never. Could they?

"Fuck my life." Ruby groaned, standing up from the bed.

The Fairy combed her hair with an hairbrush before tying it back into a french braid. Grabbing her jacket and phone Ruby got out of the house and headed to the center of Gardenia to have an early morning coffee before going back to Alfea.