Chapter 20- Demon slayer

"So much for a relaxing day skipping school, huh?" Robin commented sitting on a chair of the Owl, the Red Fountain's aircraft.

"Robin, did you skip school?" Avalon asked, smiling in a way that made it clear he knew the answer.

"What? Pff, no." They answered, looking away guiltly.

"Relax, Robin. I'm not leturing you." The Professor said, laughing which made them blush slightly.

"In my opinion today was very relaxing." Ebony said, leaning on Ruby who wrapped an arm around her. Robin rolled their eyes, but didn't say anything.

"Yeah, apart from the fact that the Trix showed up and we had to fight a gigantic monster, today was pretty cool." Stella said. "I mean, I got to spend time with my Brandon."

The arm around Ebony tensed up at the mention of the witches urging the brunette to change the topic.

"Ruby, isn't it today that you'll learn how to repress your dark powers?" The Fairy asked, making her girlfriend tense up even further, but she didn't care about that, she was just glad Ruby's mind wasn't on her rivals anymore.

"Yes, it is." The redhead answered, dreadfully.

"There's nothing to be frightened about, Ruby." Avalon assured her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "If you supress that magic it will be better for everyone."

"Yeah, I know." Ruby replied, moving his hand away from her shoulder.

"We're here." Timmy announced, landing The Owl on Alfea's courtyard.

"Ruby, follow me to my office if you please." Avalon requested, walking down the Owl.

Ruby sighed and turned to Ebony, kissing her forehead.

"I guess I'll see you later." She said, getting a smile from the brunette.

"I hope Avalon will help you." Ebony said. "In the meantime, I'll be in Magix with my roomates. Aparently there's a new restaurant that sells something called Pizza."

"My prayers have been answered." Ruby said, smiling widely which made Ebony laugh. "Enjoy it then, Peach."

Ebony pecked her on the lips before running out of the aircraft to be with her friends, who were already waiting for her on the courtyard. 

"Bye, Red." Robin said, high fiving their friend before running out in a hurry.

"Bye?" Ruby said, not understanding why her friend was in such a rush. She shrugged and walked out of the Owl.

The redhead ran after the Professor who was way ahead of her and when she finally caught up with him she continued with a fast walk. The two didn't say anything to each other and walked on complete silence. Every step of the way, Ruby's anxiety increased, for she had no idea what was in store for her. Somehow she didn't believe that repressing dark magic was painless.

Soon they reached the wooden door of Avalon's office. The Professor opened it and let Ruby walk in first. The Fairy smiled sheepishly and entered the small room. It was very plain and simple, the walls were beige and there was a little coffee table in between two blue couches. At the very back of the office was a work desk and beside it there was a big window which iluminated the whole room.

Ruby took a seat on one of the couches while the Professor closed the door and sat opposite of her. He looked at the quiet Fairy sitting in front of him with a kind and charming smile that would've made her sister melt.

"So, Ruby, as you already know I'll be using this time every month to help you surpress that unwelcoming darkness you have inside of you." Avalon began after a long minute of awkward silence. Ruby nodded, but didn't say anything to the man. "As you know very well, magic is connected to emotion and dark magic is connected to the worst of emotions. Fear, Anger, Sadness, Anxiety. However, feelings aren't something you can control and I certaintly won't ask you to turn them off so you won't practice the dark arts. What I'll be trying to do is to cast severall spells on you, spells that will lock your shadow magic away."