Chapter 13- Dark Essence

"One Strawberry and one Salted Caramel Ice cream for the ladies." Said the seller, giving Ruby and Ebony one cone each with a kind smile. "Have a great day."

"You too." Ruby said, licking her Caramel ice cream before walking away with Ebony, with Kaylus flying close behind.

"Can I have some?" The Pixies asked, eyeing Ruby's dessert.

"Of course." 

Kaylus smiled before licking the sweet. She sighed in delight.

"This guy has the best Ice creams ever." She said, happily.

"He sure does." Ebony agreed giggling. "So how was the mission?"

"Painful, deadly, annoying and scary. Compared to the whole of last year, it was like spending a weekend on Hawaii." Ebony laughed again as they stood at the bus stop, waiting for it to arrive. "Why didn't Robin come with us?"

"They got detention, again." Ebony answered, rolling her eyes.

"How?" Ruby asked, laughing.

"We got hundreds of cups and filled them with water and place them all through the classroom. Some girls tripped and got soaking wet and so did the professor." Kaylus told laughing loudly. 

"Of course you did." Ruby said, entering the bus that had arrived. "And now you've recruited Robin to be your prank buddy, amazing."

"Please, you loved this idea."

"Of course I did, you got the Professor soaked."

Suddenly a loud thunder roared making Ebony shriek and scoot closer to Ruby. The dark sky got even darker as grey clouds covered the full moon and rain started pouring at full force. A few thunders were heard and the light of the lightnings turned night into day, each one made Ebony flinch.

"Hey, Peach. It's just a little lightning, there's nothing to be scared of." Ruby said, trying to comfort the scared girl.

"You're just saying that because you haven't been hit by one of Stormy's lightnings." Ebony told her, shutting her eyes tightly as another thunder roared.

"Hm, that's true, but I almost was, so many times. That's also traumatic." Ruby said, making her laugh.

They arrived at Alfea Castle very soon and Ebony basically ran out of the bus towards the school, dragging Ruby along with her. Once they entered the building they immediately bumped into the Winx covered in cloaks and ready to go out into the storm.

"I swear to God, if Faragonda wants us to walk under the rain to give us another mission, I will make sure a lightning hits her." Ruby said and, instead of answering, Bloom handed her a dark blue cloak with a sheepish smile. "Oh, come on."

"What? You guys can't go into this thunder storm." Ebony argued worriedly. "It's dangerous and you could get seriously injured, Winx."

"I'm sorry, Ebony. But Faragonda wants to see us." Flora explained. "And we can't say no."

"Actually we can, we'd just stop being her favourites if we do." Ruby said. "But, considering she sends her favourite students into deadly missions, I really don't want to know what she'd do to students who disobey her."

"Ruby, don't be silly." Bloom said, wrapping the cloak around her sister since she hadn't taken it from her hands yet. "But, you're right. We have to go."

"Don't worry, Ebony. I'm sure nothing will happen." Musa comforted, placing a hand on the brunette's shoulder.

"Just... be safe." Ebony said, however it looked more like she was only saying it to Ruby instead of the whole group of Fairies. She hugged her friend before walking away into her room to warm up. "Goodbye, Winx."