Chapter 31- New allies

"Finally, what took you guys so long?" Robin whispered once the Ghouls approached their spot next to Ebony's appartment.

"Someone fell asleep." Greg said, side-eyeing Python, who yawned.

"I had a tiring day." Python justified.

"You slept the whole day." Greg reminded him. "And also the night before."

"That's not important. What matters is that you're here." Robin said, sighing. "Now, let's go. And be quiet. I casted a sleeping spell on Ebony, but that doesn't mean she can't be woken up by loud sounds like three Ghouls arguing."

"We promise you we won't make a sound." Garry said, drawing a cross over his heart, but as he said that, a loud snore echoed through the halls. Python had fallen asleep again.

"Py." Greg shouted, waking him up.

"What?" Python yelled, startled.

"We are dead." Robin concluded, opening the door to the appartment.

"Where's Amore? And Kaylus?" Garry whispered as the group tip-toed to Ebony's room.

"Amore went shopping with Stella." Robin answered. "And Kay is with Ruby. They went to Eraklyon. Aparently some Princess named Diaspro was kidnapped by ninjas."

"Cool." Garry said.

"So it's only us four?" Greg asked.

"And me." Livy shouted, entering the room in a hurry. "I'm sorry I'm late, I..."

"Shhh." Robin and the Ghouls all said at the same time.

"Livy, we aren't supposed to be in here." Robin whisper-yelled. "So lower your voice."

"Sorry." The Pixie apologized in a whisper.

"It's alright. Let's go."

Robin opened the door very slowly so it wouldn't creak. The five of them entered the dark room very carefully while Ebony slept soundly on her bed. Greg closed the door and as soon as he did, a flash of light illuminated the room and the sound of thunder rumbled loudly. They held their breath, staring at Ebony, afraid she would wake up, but the fairy's only reaction to the lightning was a slight groan and shifting before she fell asleep again. 

They sighed in relief as rain kept pouring outside.

"What are we looking for again?" Garry whispered.

"Are you stupid? They explained it at least five times already." Python whisper-yelled at his friend.

"I'm sorry, I forget stuff when I'm anxious." 

"We are looking for an old-looking, blank page that was ripped out of a book." Robin answered.

"That's incredibly vague, Rob." Livy said.

"I know, but it's our only clue."

Robin tip-toed towards the nightstand next to Ebony's bed where they last saw the page. Very slowly and carefully, glancing at the Fairy here and there, they opened the first drawer and looked inside. 

"Holy shit." They whispered, grabbing a very familiar necklace out of the drawer. "Isn't this Ruby's?"

"Yes, it is. The Trix gave it to her." Greg said. "Ruby never took it off the whole summer. It's her most prized possesion."

"So Ebony probably took it away from her." Robin said.

"Snake." Python whispered towards Ebony's sleeping form. 

Another thunder was heard, making them flinch. Fortunately, the brunette barely reacted to it and kept sleeping.

"Hurry." Livy said.