Chapter 10: The Wait

It had been a week since I had seen Savannah or Mr blue eyes, I waited every night by the window in case he came again, it felt a bit like Wendy waiting for Peter Pan to take her to Neverland, he said he would help me and I believed him, I just had to be patient, my dreams of the black wolf were changing, some nights he would be outside my window but when I climbed down the tree he was gone, other nights I would search the town trying to find him and then he would run from me. I still wasn't able to touch him, I still wasn't able to ask him who he was and why he was haunting my dreams.
Father had hardly been home all week, which i was grateful for, mother would leave to take him lunch and dinner and since the ball he hadn't mentioned my marriage and neither had mother, I was hoping that meant that he had changed his mind but I doubt it when father set his mind to something, nothing could change it, my only hope was getting out of town before he had the chance to whisk me to the wedding chapel in the middle of the night, although I knew that wouldn't happen father would make a big spectacle out of his only child getting married.
Every day I wondered if this would be the day the effects of the herb my parents gave me would wear off, I tried everything to shift but it just wouldn't happen, when I shifted the first time it was automatic like I didn't have to tell my body to do it, it just did it on its own, I only remember feeling the excruciating pain, the confusion and when it never happened again I was quite thankful I wouldn't have to experience that pain again but now I desperately wanted to, the way Damien described having a wolf was amazing, having a part of you missing and not even knowing felt so strange, would she ever come back? How will I know? Will I feel her in my body? Will she just say hello in my mind one day? I still had so many questions to ask Damien, I could try asking mother but my trust in her had almost completely gone, and I didn't know whether she would tell me the truth or just feed me more lies, but I felt like I could trust Damien I don't know why because I hardly knew him but something about him just made me instantly relax like I was safer when he was there, I just wish I could speak to him again or even savannah I missed her so much! I needed an excuse to see her even just for ten minutes.
"Mother, can you call Mrs Banks and ask Savannah if she can come over to help me, I want to change my bedroom around and she always has so many good ideas on where to put things and how to organise them" it was a long shot but I was hoping mother felt guilty enough to grant me this one request "yes dear that's a great idea, I will call her now and ask, she can stay for dinner and keep you company your father needs me at the town hall tonight and I'm sure Mrs Banks will be coming with me too so you girls can stay here together" she said as she left to go and call Mrs Banks, this was perfect I just had to hope Mrs Banks would agree, I needed savannah we had so much to talk about.
Luckily Mrs Banks agreed and Savannah came over around 30 minutes later with her mother, "you girls be good now, we will be back around 10.30 tonight"
"Yes mother" "yes Mrs Stone" we replied.
"I have made dinner for you both, wash up and then you can get started on your bedroom, I can't wait to see what you girls decide to do with it" and with that they left, shoot I forgot I had told her we would change my bedroom around, it was a good thing she mentioned it.
We sat and ate dinner in silence, paranoid that my parents had some sort of hidden microphones or cameras around the place, when we had finished we went up into my bedroom and Savannah literally bursted out "He came to see me Lizzy, he left me a note asking me to meet him after dark, I snuck out and met him at the back of the garden!! He told me that him and Damien were planning to get us both out! They were just trying to figure out how to get rid of the affects of this herb first, he said there were things we needed to know and only our wolf would be able to give us the answers and we need to be able to shift" She barely took a breath "Damien came to see me too" I replied "the night of the ball, he said that we should be able to hear our wolf in our heads and the herb they used on us was used to punish prisoners, that being separated from our wolf was the most severe punishment, why would our parents do this to us savvy?" I cried I couldn't help it the whole week I needed my best friend and I needed to talk to her I had tried to be strong, be patient but I was loosing it.
She gave me a hug and let me calm down before she carried on " Lizzy, had your father mentioned your marriage?"
"No, not since he introduced me to him at the ball why?"
"I heard mother and father talking and it seemed like it would be happening soon, they didn't say when just that alpha elder stone wanted it done as soon as possible" she stopped when she saw the look on my face, pure fear, I couldn't get married, I don't know what Mr Dawsons son was like he could be lovely but that wasn't what I wanted for myself, I wanted my fated mate, how was I supposed to find him if I was stuck in this town forever under the watchful eye of my father.
"Don't worry Lizzy, we won't let that happen Beta Kieron said he will get us out and I believe him, I don't know why but I feel like I can trust him, like he will keep me safe" she said with a smile
"I feel the same way about Damien savvy, I know he will try to get us out of here but what if he is too late"
I decided we needed a break from talking about everything so we started my bedroom, I actually liked the way it was now but I decided if I moved my bed to the other wall I would have a better view through the window in case he came back, Mr Blue Eyes, my Peter Pan.
It took us a good 45 minutes to move everything but I was so happy when we were done, savannah had arrange all my dressing table and the bed was now on the wall with a great view out of the window and into the oak tree.
We sat on the bed and talked for a while when we heard our mothers come through the door, it was only 9pm so whatever they were doing must have finished early.
"Good evening girls, did u have a good night?" My mother asked as we came down the stairs "yes mother savannah helped me with my bedroom and we ate dinner and cleaned up" I replied
"Good, we just came home to grab some of your fathers files, we will be going back to the town hall and won't be back until late, savannah you can borrow some of Elizabeth's sleeping clothes and stay the night here"
"Yes Mrs Stone, thank you so much" savannah replied and we made our way back upstairs, this was so strange Savannah had stayed over at our house a few times but we had to beg and plead every time and why were they collecting fathers files? What was going on at the town hall that is taking so much of their time? Savannah and I spent the next hour trying to figure it out, ever since we got word that the visitors were coming from the capital are whole world had turned upside down and our parents were acting so strange, hopefully we would get the answers one day, hopefully Mr blue eyes will find a way to get us out, hopefully before I become Mrs Elizabeth Dawson.