Why Her?

TRIGGER WARNINGS FOR THIS CHAPTER:

Implied gang-rape scene
Flashbacks caused by PTSD/trauma

SO AS USUAL PLEASE SKIP PAST THE <><><><><><><><><><><><><><> MARKERS

–---------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they got back to the tower, Espoir sped to her room and back within a few seconds.

"I've just put my stuff back." she smiled, as her hair stilled after zooming back to where everybody was and sitting back down, breathing quite heavily.

"Slow down. You're gonna end up having an asthma attack or something. You need to take it easy since you've just come out of the hospital." Steve said.

"But I like to run!" Espoir whined. "And I don't have asthma."

"You need to be safe cause you'll end up getting hurt again."

"I'll get The Other Guy to come out." Tony said smiling.

"No, you won't." said Bruce.

"You'll have to catch me." Espoir grinned, beginning to speed off before Tony grabbed her arm and stopped her.

"Espoir, this is not the time to mess around. You have to rest." he said, half concerned, half serious.

"My healing factor worked it's way back to me and I'm perfectly fine!"

"If you pass out...no, Espoir. It's serious now. I don't want you passing out."

Espoir grinned.

"Fine, I won't do crazy shit." she smiled.

Espoir spent the rest of that evening texting on her phone to her friends that she'd met at the parties Tony threw and at other parties that she'd been to.

In one instance, she'd gotten incredibly drunk. Thanks to Espoir's fast metabolism, she believed she wouldn't get drunk so when the girls had passed her a lot of shots and glasses; she didn't expect to get so drunk like she usually was.

(The case before was Tony's incredibly high percentages of alcoholic beverages.)

So Espoir decided to ring him up.

"Ess?"

"What?"

"Are you okay?"

"You..you wanna know if I'm okay? W-What about you and your...fancy...fuckin' suit...and-and expensive buildings...d..d-don't forget about your stupid head." she lowered her voice to mimic him. "'Oh, I don't wanna know about this British girl why should I care about her' an-and th-th-th...then you change your mind 'I care about you..we love you..'" she began to talk normally. "..what's up..what's up with that?"

"Did you just call my head stupid? I'll have you know, my head was featured in magazines all over the world and in TV interviews!"

A faint "Tony, concentrate!" in the background was heard.

"You're drunk aren't you?"

"W-Well what else do people do at bars? Gather together and play Dungeons And...And Knights or whatever the fuck it's called? And anyway, I'm going to go and drink the rest of this...I don't even know what it is." she held the bottle of alcohol closely to her eyes. "S-Stroe...Stroch...it-it's got an 80 on it.."

He laughed to himself for a moment, before struggling to stop laughing. "I'll pick you up in a few minutes after I've finished my laughing fit." he laughed again. "Good luck getting rid of that taste tomorrow morning, or should I say afternoon?"