What Happened?

TRIGGER WARNINGS FOR THIS CHAPTER:

Feels
Throwbacks kinda?
I don't think there's anything triggering actually.

------------------------------------------------------------

Beep-beep....

Beep-beep....

Beep-beep....

Beep-beep....

Beep-beep....

Beep-beep....

"Gimme five minutes." Espoir mumbled, to the insignificant constant beeping. Her alarm had woken her, but she wasn't prepared to wake up yet. She was so comfortable, in such a soft bed, in her nice bedroom. "I SAID GIMME FIVE MINUTES!" she yelled, as her voice echoed.

Wait, echo? When did her bedroom start to have an echo?

She struggled to open her eyes, but she managed, and when she did, she was in a mostly white room. Sterile, like a hospital room.

"The fuck?" she asked, confused, sitting up, as she noticed a heart-rate monitor next to her. So that's what woke me up. she thought.

"Welcome back, Miss Stark. You've been gone quite a while." said FRIDAY's voice. "I'll tell Tony and the rest of the Avengers of your status. There's no need for a doctor given your healing powers seem to have fixed you up, so just sit tight and wait for your family, please."

"Miss Stark?" FRIDAY's not called me Miss Stark since before I married Pietro... Espoir thought, confused.

She got up, confused by everything and nearly fell over, being caught by someone who had just teleported there, hugging her tightly. As she had closed her eyes, she thought it was Benny, but then realised. This person that had caught her did not smell like Benny, was not as small as Benny (and frankly wasn't chubby either), in fact, this person, was taller than Espoir and lean; she instantly recognized who it was that had caught her.

It was Loki, with a short, scruffy beard and messy hair, looking incredibly exhausted. Instead of focusing on how terrible he looked, her eyes widened and she tried to get out of his hold. "FRIDAY! INTRUDER ALERT!" she shrieked, speeding to the corner of the room, jumping on the bed - as if that would protect her. "Don't you dare touch me!" she yelled, pointing a finger at him. "When my father hears about this-"

Tony suddenly ran in but Loki stopped him, his arm in front of him "She's not acting herself. I believe she is having a form of breakdown." he said, as Tony looked a little cautious.

"Dad? You're not going to listen to this psychopath are you?" she asked, defensive.

Psychopath?! Loki thought, offended, confused as to why Espoir would ever call him such a thing, however, he pushed it aside briefly, knowing she was probably traumatised from something.

"'Dad'? So you did hear us talking to you?" Tony asked. "You know that I'm your Dad now?"

"Of course I know that you're my dad! You told me on that planet!"

"What planet?" Tony asked, confused. "The only planet you've been to is Asgard, and that was around twenty years ago."

"What do you mean?" Espoir asked, sitting down on the bed. "The last thing I remember is cutting myself, taking all of my pills and being unable to breathe."

Loki looked at her panicked, wondering how she could have managed to hurt herself when...

Tony suddenly walked over to her, looking into her eyes, worry on his face, hugging her tightly. "I'm sorry." he said. "I'm so sorry, Ess."