Help Has Arrived; It's Fallen On Deaf Ears

TRIGGER WARNINGS FOR THIS CHAPTER:

Suicide attempt
Brief mental distress/breakdown

SO AS USUAL PLEASE SKIP PAST THE <><><><><><><><><><><><><><> MARKERS

–---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Espoir was quite a while away. In fact, she'd run as far as she could because she believed that they wouldn't be able to find her. Whilst sitting on a rooftop, on the edge, a woman, with purple hair stood next to her.

"What has you upset, mon chéri?" asked the woman cautious but friendly, and Espoir looked up to see her best friend who she'd been friends with since she could remember.

A plump young woman with light brown skin and green eyes was stood close by. She gently removed strands of coiled purple hair from her face.

"Benjamine?" she asked, removing tears from her cheeks.

~(A/N: To clarify, 'Benjamine' is pronounced 'Ben-Zha-Mean', not Benjamin.)~

"Damn it, Espoir. What did I tell you? Don't yell out my guy's name!" she said, her French accent loudly speaking. She tried to cheer her up. She was loudly speaking because she was deaf.

That was the reason why Benjamine disliked her name. Whenever it was written, it was often pronounced incorrectly as "Benjamin".

Benjamine's mother was best friends with Espoir's. Georgianna and Alicia got on so well. Benjamine was only seven when Espoir was born and since then they became best friends.

Benjamine - who Espoir saw as a second mother, was a full mutant, but only had a specific amount of powers; Benjamine is seven years older than Espoir, and they did see each other as sisters sometimes, but that was until a few bad things happened where she did sort of become a mother figure, in a way.

Benjamine's hair changed colour depending on her mood; she could fly as well as Espoir; she was friendly and had ice, water and snow powers - (which Espoir was unaware of).

Benjamine could also teleport.

Benjamine had awoken Espoir (when she was just born) after screaming excitedly about seeing the baby, and since then they became good friends. Mostly since Espoir got her back by setting Benjamine's hair on fire when Espoir was twelve.

It turns out that Noir was actually Benjamine, technically possessing a cat. Benny was worried about her best friend, so controlled Espoir's beloved cat and lived with her. Now that Benjamine was here in person, the cat was able to control itself, but since Benny didn't want anyone to find out the truth, she gave the cat the ability to talk and have the personality it had before when Benny was controlling it.

"Sorry." she said half-smiling. Benjamine had been talking for as long as she could to try and convince her to come away from the edge. (Which the public was oblivious to, like the ignorant people they are).

"By the way, my name's Patience." she said, signing and smiling.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Espoir. I'll give you a nickname." she said trying to make a joke but she was too depressed.

"No! No! No!" she yelled.

"Fine. Good job you have a great deal of patience, looking after me." Espoir said laughing slightly.

"So, you wanna tell me why my bestie is on the top of a building? I heard your thoughts, and lucky I got here in time. So why? Is it what I am thinking again?" she asked. "Depression? Flashbacks?"