42 : || Her Slow Acceptance ||

Start from the beginning

"What...?" Sahdev asked, being flabbergasted.

"Yes, you have my blessings with you. Vijay Bhava, Priye Anuj." Nakul blessed.

Sahdev was visibly dumbfounded, "I ain't going to a war, Nakul, that you are blessing me."

"Exactly, you aren't going to a war." Arjun stated. "Then, what's with that nervousness on your face?"

It was then Sahdev realised his situation and the prank his brothers pulled to cheer him up, as there was soon a loud laughter echoed in the chamber.

Being the youngest, he was the most pampered child, because he was also a lot more sensitive than them.

He had always been under the shadow of his elder brothers and his parents till the time they were alive.

Not to forget that he had never spent any alone time with Panchali, which was the sole reason why he was nervous all of a sudden by the message that she called his sole presence.

"Sahdev." Yudhisthir called. "You love her, right?"

He was slightly taken off guard by the sudden question, but soon he nodded slowly and silently.

"Exactly. We all do love her. Then, why are you getting nervous? Love is a beautiful feeling, you know that. And moreover, what more can she do than say some words that might hurt you, that might hurt us but will it change our perspective towards her?" Yudhisthir explained further while Sahdev shook his head in denial, slowly getting the meaning.

"Exactly our love for her is unconditional. Because we don't have anything to get in return. We love her for how she is, not her words." Bheem added.

A warm smile made it's way to Sahdev's face, as he realized his nervousness was futile.

He nodded, taking their advice.

"Okay, little brother, I think you should go now or else..." Arjun trailed off as another laughter spreaded.

"Yes, Vijay Bhava, Balak." Nakul blessed comically, raising his palms.

Sahdev shook his head at Nakul's antics and moved out of the room, not before taking a glance at his brothers' assuring looks.

***

"This way, Rajkumar." Malini showed the unfamiliar door to Sahdev, who frowned.

Before he could ask her anything, Malini went away. Reason, Panchali told her to do so.

He gulped slightly, opening the door. However, his eyes were greeted with a pitch dark surrounding.

Goosebumps spread over his body as the chilled temperature inside turned his pulse rate fast.

"Yuvrani." His soft voice echoed in that room, but he was only greeted with an eerie silence.

His breath turned heavy while he touched his arms, feeling cold in the not-so-naturally chilled temperature.

A certain restless thought settled in his heart. Is she alright?

"Yuvrani." He once again called. "Are you there?"

And all of a sudden a ticking sound of footsteps was heard, behind him, as he frowned heavily.

The first thought that kicked his warrior mind, was some assassin who perhaps hurt Panchali, and that's why she wasn't present over there.