42 : || Her Slow Acceptance ||

Start from the beginning

While Arjun sharpened his arrows, sitting on the window pane, Yudhisthir was engaged in his work with scrolls and parchments, and Sahdev was meditating.

Nakul was as usual standing before the mirror trying a new bracelet while Bheem looked keenly at the bitter gourd that was dipped into a sugar syrup.

Vrikodar looked at Nakul for advice, as the latter sent a signal to go on with his mission.

He grabbed a bitter gourd and took a big bite of it. Soon the bitter taste hit his taste bud, as he coughed and spit out the gourd.

Nakul snickered at the scene, while Yudhisthir shook his head in amusement.

"Bhrata Bheem, kya kr rhe hai aap?" Sahdev asked with an merry smile, breaking his meditation.

(Bhrata Bheem, what are you doing?)

"Maine raat bhar inn karelo ko shakkar ki chasni mei rakha tha, Sahdev. Parantu iska swad toh vaisa ka vaisa hai." Bheem explained.

(I kept these bitter gourds in a sugar syrup throughout the night, Sahdev. But it has the same taste.)

"Varsho tak rakhoge tab sayad swad mei parivartan aayega, Bhratashree. Duryodhan mei parivartan aa gya, toh iss karele ki kya shakti." Nakul taunted, scoffing about Duryodhan's behaviour.

(If you keeps till years, then perhaps there will be a change, Bhrata Bheem. Duryodhan changed, what about this mere bitter gourd.)

"Jivan bhar rakhoge, tab bhi parivartan nhi aayega, Nakul. Kyuki karele ka astitwa, uske karvepan mei hi hai." Bheem commented, smirking.

(Even if you keep it till eternity, it won't change its taste. Because the bitter gourd has its value in its bitterness.)

"I agree." Arjun snickered. "This Duryodhan is being too nice nowadays. Not to forget how he repeatedly tried to murder us, or sideline us. Then, how all of a sudden did he agree with Jyest as the Yuvraj of Hastinapur."

"No body's heart is so weak that it has no place for righteousness, Arjun." Yudhisthir stated, with a warm smile.

"Pranipaat Yuvraj. Pranipaat Pandava Kumar." Mailini greeted the brothers, who nodded affirming.

"Rajkumar Sahdev, Yuvrani has asked for your sole presence. Pranipaat. " She continued, conveying the message, and moved out of the chamber.

Sahdev was visibly taken off guard by the message. He glanced at his brothers, who were literally gawking at him.

"W-what happened?" Sahdev asked, getting up from his mediating state.

"Sole presence?" Arjun repeated, looking into Sahdev's eyes.

Nakul came and stood infront of his visibly nervous twin. He held the former's arms, looking  dead at his eyes.

"I know we are twins, Sahdev. But I am your elder twin, you know that. That meant I am elder than you." Nakul spoke, seriousness laced his voice.

"So...?" Sahdev trailed off.

"So, here's an advice for you. If you feel like being in danger in the den of the Lioness, just shout my name. I will be present to protect you with my handsome self." The seriousness was still present in Nakul's voice.