Chapter 16

Straight into business.

Nightfall had come, and the nice cool winds filled the busy streets, it would have been a normal day, however, Hinata had caught wind of a certain blonde causing a ruckus. Not only had he gained access to the temple that was heavily guarded, he had challenged the masters inside.

Anxiety was an understatement, she was currently drowned in it. She didn't even know what to say to him. She watched him closely as he undid the weapons and pieces of armor. He laid them nicely on his bed while he inspected them carefully.

"...tomorrow you'll be there at the given time, understood?"

She didn't even realize he had been talking. She just nodded and remained fixed on the display on his bed. He didn't have any scratches on him, he didn't look any different. If anything he was extremely calm and collected, and yet chaotic all at once. As if he was a dormant panther ready to snap at any given indication.

Hinata didn't quite understand yet, but just earlier she had been rejected entirely at the registry, she went from reject to someone selected for the final seed. The seed of qualifications, the stage where she would showcase her abilities and cunning edge. She had no complaints. Just slight concerns about what had occurred there. If anything she was worried that a target was now placed on her back.

"Hinata..." he softly called out, snapping her from her thoughts.

"Yes..?"

"Follow me," he replied.

Naruto opened the door and Hinata followed curiously, they walked softly as the sound of chatter could be heard coming from downstairs. A night like today was lively after all. There was a festival currently running through the city as the event was celebrated yearly.

Naruto had gone all the way up the inn which was simply the third floor and climbed a small wooden ladder that led to the roof of the inn.

He signaled her to come up, she was alert and had questions, she was sure they were breaking a rule at this very moment. Nevertheless, she trusted him and climbed the ladder, and at the end, his hand was stretched out ready to hoist her up.

The blast of wind brought a chill down her spine, the winds flowed flawlessly through her tresses and her eyes winced at the sudden change. But once adjusted, she took in the amazing view of the city. The inn had been in a somewhat elevated location giving them a nice view, it wasn't the greatest, but it was one to remember.

"It's beautiful..."

Fireworks roared through the air, the flashes of colors she never thought possible painted the night sky as if it were a canvas and the different lights glowed as fireflies shined throughout the city. The barely audible cheer was truly peace.

"They do know how to celebrate these kinds of events. It's never changed."

Hinata turned to watch Naruto, her lavender eyes capturing his character, she could see his long blonde hair flowing like water with the light breeze, the colors of the sky reflecting from his eye. His expression was stoic, but there was something else. Solemn.

She wanted to ask, she wanted to know what he was thinking. She never really knew, she was always left in the dark when it came to those things. He was obscure with his past, let alone the present. Still, she was very grateful to him, for she had reached a point where she thought she could never reach. To make her dream a possible reality.

To put it simply, she was in love with him.

However, the next words that came out of his mouth shocked her making her eyes widen.