Chapter 15

They had arrived on the busy lively streets of one of the largest cities of Konoha. The city was infamous for its events and festivals, the city of Hoshi. This year's occasion? The right of Champions.

People from all over traveled to this destination to witness the best of the best compete with one another, to show how far one has come, and to represent their homelands to pay tribute. Royalties and clergy from across the land gathered here to witness the next generation of Champions who would one day run this entire nation's structure. It was no easy feat, only those who can persevere were chosen.

Nevertheless, this entire festival was overwhelming for the young Shinobi, to say the least. Food stands with exotics meats and goodies, trading posts with all sorts of enigmatic products, the sound of loud bartering and trading, and the constant exchange of currency. The busy conversations and the streets were bustling with business from everywhere.

Hinata was tasked to just explore to her heart's desire, only to rendezvous at peak time at the center of the city. Her remaining time was just shy of an hour left. She didn't know what else to do. She didn't have any tangible currency on her so she couldn't purchase anything of value, and quite honestly, she grew anxious. Naruto after all had gone to register Hinata to the right of Champions. Something he said wouldn't take long was taking long.

So there she stood, contemplating what to do, should she go search for the blonde? Or should she just explore a bit more?

With her mind made up, she turned toward the direction to where she saw the blonde go and decided she would just catch up to him instead. If luck served her, she would just bump into him and hear the news herself.

After a few minutes of walking and drinking in the surroundings, she was met by the increase of security guards, just beyond the distance she could see the giant colosseum where the events would later take place. She was mesmerized by its sheer size, she had never seen a structure of this magnitude before, to think the man had made such a thing had left her astonished.

I'll be participating there…

She visibly swallowed her creeping doubt, and marched forward to the structure, within seconds. There was an insane line with masses and masses surrounding the area, some stood proudly while others just sat at the edges, they were getting called up one by one.

She could feel the intensity of this very place, the experience, the veterancy, the sheer force of these people who were far more capable than her, these were all masters signing up their students.

"What do you mean "I'm not registered?" " said an upset familiar voice from afar.

"Those are the rules, if you don't agree with them we'll have you escorted outside the premises," said an authoritative figure.

Her eyes scanned the silhouette that had his back turned toward her and concluded that it was indeed Naruto right at the register tent.

"This is nonsense, since when was such a rule placed?" Naruto said in an annoyed deep tone.

Hinata finally made her way to Naruto silently apologizing as she traversed the sea of people.

Naruto instinctively looked at the girl beside him and had a surprised look.

"Is this the one you're trying to register for?" Said the woman who sat and scanned the lavender-haired girl.

Naruto ignored the statement and asked, "how does one get registered?"

"Have you ever registered for the champion event?" Said the lady now clearly annoyed.

Naruto just remained silent and waited.