Chapter 14

Hell

That was the best description, her head thumped like a drum, her throat burned like a fire dragon, and worst of all. Her body felt like complete and utter garbage. 

The young woman groaned and tousled around the sheets, she could feel the sun rays slowly creep up her lids. Her eyes were extremely heavy, she couldn't even open them. They were filled with her mucus. And most of all, she could not remember what had transpired. She didn't know where she was.

"Experience is the best teacher I say," said a voice in a room with an obnoxious tone. She only groaned back in response as she kept turning in her bed. Her hands clasped at the sides of her temple to somehow relieve this killer headache.

"You're hungover, bad I might add." Said the voice as it got closer "you had waaaay too much to drink young lady."

Hinata finally opened one eye and could make out the silhouette in front of her. She couldn't tell who it was, but she damn knew who it was. All she could see after all was a bright blonde.

"Naruto…? Wha-What happened? Hungover?"

"Yes, you drank too much despite my warnings. Now here you are, back at the inn."

Hinata now began jogging her memory of what happened, then it hit her. She remembered having a little discussion back here, which ended with them going to a bar to eat. From there she remembered she was challenged to drink and she remembered taking one or perhaps two. Before she knew it, her memory stopped right there and here she was. 

"Was it bad?" She asked placing her hand over her eyes to cover them from the light.

Naruto only sighed and got closer to the girl. 

"Drink this," Naruto placed the cup on her hand cupping hers on his own to guide her.

"What is this?" She asked as she hoisted herself slightly from the bed.

"It's a very good antioxidant drink I made. It might be bitter but it helps a nasty hangover in minutes," Said Naruto, it was as if he was used to these kinds of situations before.

Hinata trusted Naruto and took a huge gulp of whatever it was. Bitter was an understatement, what hit her tongue must've been twenty different herbs and vegetables. Nevertheless, she gulped it down like a champ, once done she took her lips off the cup and handed the cup back to Naruto.

"This will bring back some strength and get your body going, it's gonna flush it all out of your system," said the blonde as he took the cup away.

Hinata only groaned in discomfort as now the headache was intensifying along with her bad aftertaste. She simply laid back into her covers and covered her face with a pillow to block out all the light. 

Never again, she thought. She should've listened to Naruto after all. 

The sound of footsteps back and forth filled the room, it seemed like he was pacing around the room at somewhat of a concerning pace. She didn't bother to look, but it got her thinking about what could have gotten him like this. 

Suddenly his voice broke the silence,"I'm heading out to the market. I'm gonna get you some very good soup," he spoke as he grabbed his final luggage before heading out "it will make you feel much better."

"Alright…" Hinata replied gently. She felt like such a burden. Now she understood why Naruto was the way he currently was. Truth be told some part of her was happy since he was concerned about her wellbeing. 

"I'm gonna leave the door locked alright? Don't go anywhere. I'll be back real soon."

With that the sound of the door creaked open and was shut softly, she could hear his footsteps echo away down the hall until it was no longer heard. Now she was just met with a nice silence with the occasional voice creeping through. This was an inn, after all, there were some voices here and there but nothing too loud to disturb her peace.