Words of Wisdom

These are NOT my own words, but quotes that come from books I've read or TV shows that need to be given more attention.

Nina didn't hate Carrie Soto for stealing her husband because husbands can't be stolen.

Carrie Soto wasn't a thief.

Brandon Randall was a traitor.

Malibu Rising - Taylor Jenkins Reid (pg.12)

I must let go now.
Let you go.
Love is to often
The answer for staying.
Too seldom the reason
For going.
I drop the line and watch you drift away.

All along you thought
The fiery current of your lovers breast pulled you to the deep.
But it was my heart-tide
Releasing you
To float adrift
With seaweed.

Where the crawdads sing - Delia Owens (pg.213)

His dad had told him many times that the definition of a real man is one who cries without shame, reads poetry with his heart, feels opera in his soul, and does what's necessary to defend a women.

Where the crawdads sing - Delia Owens (pg.48)

But just as her collection grew, So did her loneliness. A pain as large as her heart lived in her chest. Nothing eased it. Not the gulls, not a splendid sunset, not the rarest of shells.

Months turned into a year.

The lonely became larger than she could hold. She wished for someone's voice, presence, touch, but wished more to protect her heart.

Where the crawdads sing - Delia Owens (pg.146)

At that moment Mr.Lisbon had the feeling that he didn't know who she was, that children were only strangers you agreed to live with, and he reached out in order to meet her for the first time.

The Virgin Suicides - Jeffrey Eigenides (pg.56)