Chapter 26 : The True Boss

TaeHyung's heart was pounding in his chest as he stood facing JungKook, his pistol drawn and aimed at him. The room was silent, the tension thick in the air. TaeHyung's mind was racing, trying to make sense of everything that had happened. He couldn't believe that JungKook, the person he trusted and love more than anyone else, could be an enemy.

"JungKook, is it true?" TaeHyung's voice was barely above a whisper, but it echoed loudly in the room. "Are you really an enemy?"

JungKook's eyes widened in shock, and he took a step back. "No, TaeHyung. I'm not an enemy. I would never betray you."

TaeHyung's grip on the pistol tightened, and his eyes narrowed. "Then why did you lie to me? Why did you pretend to be my friend?"

JungKook's face fell, and he looked down at the ground, unable to meet TaeHyung's gaze. "I didn't lie to you, TaeHyung. I just... I didn't know how to tell you the truth. I didn't want to hurt you."

TaeHyung's heart clenched at JungKook's words, and he felt a surge of anger and betrayal. "You didn't want to hurt me? You think this doesn't hurt? You think I don't feel betrayed?"

JungKook shook his head, his voice trembling. "No, TaeHyung, that's not what I meant. I just... I didn't know how to tell you that I'm an enemy. I didn't want to lose you."

TaeHyung's eyes filled with tears, his hands shaking. "I trusted you, JungKook. I love you. And you're just going to betray me like this?"

JungKook's voice was barely a whisper. "I'm sorry, TaeHyung. I never meant to hurt you. My feelings for you have always been true."

TaeHyung's heart ached at JungKook's words, and he felt a surge of guilt and regret. "I'm sorry, JungKook."

Just then, there was a loud bang, and YoonGi appeared out of nowhere. YoonGi felt a searing pain in his chest. He looked down in shock, seeing blood spreading across his shirt. He stumbled backwards, his vision blurring, and he fell to the ground.

JungKook's eyes widened in horror, and he rushed forward, catching YoonGi before he hit the ground. "Hyung, no!"

YoonGi's vision was fading, but he managed to whisper, "JungKook... Don't cry."

And with that, YoonGi's world went dark.

JungKook's heart was pounding in his chest as he held YoonGi in his arms, tears streaming down his face. "Hyung, please, don't leave me."

The room was silent, the only sound the soft sobs of JungKook as he held YoonGi's lifeless body in his arms. The tension that had filled the room was gone, replaced by a sense of loss and grief.

JungKook's eyes were filled with rage and sorrow as he looked right at TaeHyung. "You'll regret this, TaeHyung," JungKook said, his voice trembling with emotion. "You'll regret shooting YoonGi like this."

"JungKook..."

"Now you have to live with the consequences."

Suddenly, the sound of a helicopter and police cars filled the air, and TaeHyung looked up in shock. The police had surrounded the building, and TaeHyung knew that he had to get out of there fast. TaeHyung, with one last look at JungKook, he turned and ran away, disappearing into the night.

JungKook turned his attention back to YoonGi, who was still unconscious. He knew that he had to get YoonGi to safety.

Just then, HoSeok burst into the room, his eyes wide with shock. "JungKook, what happened? Are you okay?"

JungKook nodded, his voice filled with urgency. "We have to get YoonGi Hyung to the hospital. He's hurt, and he needs medical attention."

HoSeok nodded, his expression grim. "We'll take care of YoonGi. Let's go to the hospital."

JungKook nodded. HoSeok lifted YoonGi's unconscious form and carried him out of the building. They made their way to the ambulance, where the paramedics were waiting.

HoSeok gently placed YoonGi in the ambulance, and JungKook climbed in after him. The paramedics quickly got to work, and the ambulance sped off towards the hospital.

When they arrived at the hospital, JungKook and HoSeok rushed YoonGi into the emergency room, where the doctors quickly got to work. JungKook watched anxiously as they worked to save YoonGi's life, praying that he would be okay.

JungKook and HoSeok sat in the hospital waiting room, the sound of a ringing phone filled the air. HoSeok reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He answered the call and listened intently to the report from his men.

JungKook watched HoSeok's face closely, trying to gauge his reaction. He could see the shock and concern in HoSeok's eyes, and he knew that something was wrong.

"What is it, HoSeok Hyung?" JungKook asked, his voice filled with worry.

HoSeok looked up at JungKook, his expression grim. "The police and our agents have caught the members of the mafia that we've been tracking," he said. "But one of them is missing."

JungKook's eyes widened in shock, and he felt a surge of panic. "Who is it?" he asked.

"Kim TaeHyung."

JungKook's heart stopped, and he felt a wave of nausea wash over him. "TaeHyung?" he whispered, his voice filled with disbelief. "But how? Why?"

HoSeok shook his head, his eyes filled with worry. "I don't know, JungKook. But we have to find him."

•~~~•~~~•~~~•

TaeHyung sat in his office, a satisfied smirk played on his lips. He had just received a report that NamJoon, SeokJin, and JiMin would be released from police custody tonight. Everything was going according to plan.

Just then, a man entered the room, his eyes filled with respect and admiration. "Boss, we got NamJoon, SeokJin, and JiMin back," he said, his voice filled with excitement.

TaeHyung nodded, a satisfied smile on his lips. "Good. Everything is going according to plan."

The man smiled, his eyes shining with admiration. "You're a genius, boss. No one could have predicted that you would be able to outsmart the police and your enemies."

TaeHyung chuckled, a smug look on his face. "I'm just getting started. There's still a lot of work to be done."

We'll take over this city.