Chapter 17 : Unforeseen Consequences

Zayne stood before YoonGi, his eyes ablaze with a mixture of anger and satisfaction. He had finally captured the elusive assassin, the one who had caused him so much trouble in the past. YoonGi, still groggy from being knocked out, struggled to focus on his surroundings.

"You thought you could escape me forever, didn't you?" Zayne sneered, pacing back and forth in front of YoonGi. "But now, you're mine. And you will pay for what you've done."

YoonGi tried to speak, but his words came out slurred and disjointed. "I... I didn't mean... to cause... trouble..."

Zayne laughed, a cold, humorless sound. "Oh, I know you didn't mean to. But that doesn't change the fact that you did. And now, you will face the consequences."

Zayne, the leader of the group, called Rafayel and Xavier to his side. "I need you two to watch over our guest," he said, gesturing towards YoonGi, who was still tied up and groggy from being knocked out.

Rafayel and Xavier nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation. They knew that YoonGi was a dangerous man, and they would need to be on their guard at all times.

"Make sure he doesn't escape," Zayne continued. "I don't want any more surprises from him."

With that, Rafayel and Xavier took up positions on either side of the room, their eyes trained on YoonGi. They knew that they couldn't afford to let their guard down, not even for a moment. YoonGi was a master of escape, and they needed to be ready for anything.

•~~~•~~~•~~~•

NamJoon's group had been collecting goods at the bar late into the night, their faces hidden beneath hoods and masks. They had been careful to avoid any attention, but suddenly, the sound of sirens pierced the air, and the flashing lights of police cars filled the street outside.

Panic spread through the group as they scrambled to gather their things and make a hasty exit. But it was too late. The police had already surrounded the bar, their guns drawn and ready.

NamJoon cursed under his breath as he realized they had been caught. He knew that they would have to think fast if they wanted to avoid getting arrested.

"Split up!" he shouted to the others. "We'll meet at the rendezvous point in an hour."

SeokJin led NamJoon through the dark alleyways, their breaths coming in ragged gasps as they tried to keep up with each other. The sound of police sirens echoed in the distance, and NamJoon knew that they were running out of time.

"We need to find a safer place to hide," SeokJin said, his voice urgent. "The police are closing in on us."

NamJoon nodded, his heart pounding in his chest. He knew that they couldn't afford to get caught, not when they were so close to completing their mission.

Meanwhile, TaeHyung and JiMin were holding off the police, their guns drawn and ready. They knew that they couldn't let the police get too close, not when their friends' lives were on the line.

As the other men started to drive away, NamJoon and SeokJin found a small abandoned building to hide in. They knew that they would have to lay low for a while, but they were determined to regroup and continue their operations.

"We'll meet the others at the rendezvous point," NamJoon said, his voice determined. "We can't let the police stop us now."

TaeHyung and JiMin stood back to back, their fists clenched and their eyes focused on the police officers who were closing in on them. They knew that they were outnumbered, but they were determined to fight until the end.

TaeHyung was the first to strike, his fist connecting with the jaw of the nearest officer. The officer stumbled back, but TaeHyung didn't give him a chance to recover. He followed up with a series of quick punches, each one landing with a satisfying thud.

JiMin was right behind him, his movements fluid and precise. He used his speed and agility to his advantage, dodging the officers' attacks and landing his own blows in return.

The fight raged on, the sound of fists hitting flesh and grunts of pain filling the air. TaeHyung and JiMin fought with everything they had, their determination unwavering.

But despite their best efforts, they were eventually overwhelmed by the sheer number of officers. They were forced to retreat, their bodies bruised and battered, but their spirits unbroken.

TaeHyung and JiMin had managed to lose the police, their hearts pounding in their chests as they made their way through the dark alleyways. They knew that they had to find NamJoon and SeokJin, and fast.

As they rounded a corner, they saw NamJoon and SeokJin waiting for them, their faces filled with relief.

"We thought we had lost you," NamJoon said, his voice filled with emotion.

"We managed to lose the police," JiMin replied, his voice steady despite the adrenaline still coursing through his veins.

NamJoon nodded, his eyes scanning the area for any signs of danger. "We need to find a safer place to regroup," he said, his voice urgent.

SeokJin turned to TaeHyung and JiMin, his expression serious. "Do you know where JungKook is?" he asked, his voice low.

TaeHyung and JiMin exchanged a glance, their minds racing as they tried to remember the last time they had seen their friend.

"I saw him heading towards the east side of town earlier," TaeHyung said, his brow furrowed in concern. "But that was a few hours ago."

JiMin nodded, his eyes scanning the area for any signs of danger. "We need to find him," he said, his voice urgent. "He could be in trouble."

TaeHyung's heart raced as he spotted a figure in the shadows. He recognized the silhouette immediately. It was JungKook. TaeHyung's steps quickened as he approached him, his heart pounding in his chest.

"JungKook!" TaeHyung called out, his voice filled with relief. "Are you okay?"

But as TaeHyung reached out to touch JungKook's shoulder, the younger man collapsed in his arms, his body limp and unresponsive.