Chapter 18 : Convergence of Fates

TaeHyung's heart raced as he spotted a figure in the shadows. He recognized the silhouette immediately. It was JungKook. TaeHyung's steps quickened as he approached him, his heart pounding in his chest.

"JungKook!" TaeHyung called out, his voice filled with relief. "Are you okay?"

But as TaeHyung reached out to touch JungKook's shoulder, the younger man collapsed in his arms, his body limp and unresponsive.

TaeHyung's heart sank as he realized that JungKook had fainted. He quickly checked for a pulse, relieved to find that he was still alive.

"We need to get him to our secret place," TaeHyung said, his voice urgent. "He needs medical attention."

With that, TaeHyung carefully lifted JungKook's unconscious body and carried him to their secret hideout. They knew that they had to act fast, for JungKook's sake.

Once they arrived, they called a doctor who was familiar with their situation. The doctor arrived quickly, and after examining JungKook, he assured them that he would be okay.

As they waited anxiously in their hideout, TaeHyung couldn't help but feel guilty. He knew that they had put JungKook in danger by involving him in their mission. But he also knew that they would do whatever it took to make things right.

As the hours passed, JungKook's condition stabilized, and the doctor assured them that he would be okay. TaeHyung and the others breathed a sigh of relief, grateful that their member was going to be okay.

NamJoon's voice cut through the air, "Why isn't JungKook with you two? He was supposed to be with you two."

TaeHyung and JiMin exchanged nervous glances. They had no idea where JungKook was. He had been with them earlier, but he had disappeared without a trace.

NamJoon's eyes narrowed as he looked at them, "Did something happen? Did he say anything before he left?"

TaeHyung shook his head, "No, he just said he needed to take care of something and left."

NamJoon's expression darkened. He knew JungKook was impulsive, but he had never disappeared during a mission before. This was not like him.

"TaeHyung, JiMin, you both need to get some treatment for your injuries," NamJoon said firmly. "We can't afford to have you two out of commission."

TaeHyung and JiMin nodded, grateful for NamJoon's concern. They knew that they had to be at their best for the mission ahead.

As JungKook slowly regained consciousness, he found himself surrounded by his teammates. TaeHyung was the first to reach him, his eyes filled with concern.

"JungKook, are you okay?" TaeHyung asked, his voice filled with worry.

JungKook nodded weakly, "I'm fine."

TaeHyung let out a sigh of relief and gently helped JungKook sit up. The others gathered around, expressing their relief that JungKook was awake.

NamJoon's voice cut through the air, "What happened, JungKook? Why did you leave without telling anyone?"

JungKook hesitated for a moment before speaking, "I'm sorry, NamJoon. I saw something suspicious and I wanted to check it out. I didn't want to put anyone in danger, so I went alone."