5.1 - Chaand Raat

Start from the beginning

Tara kept standing as they walked away from her. 

After a few minutes she once again found the guy near her right. She didn't realize she was staring at him until he turned around and caught her gaze fixed on him.

Tara's eyes widened and she immediately looked away. 

A few seconds later she dared to turn around. The guy was standing bored and rocking the stroller back and forth.

Once again he looked to the right and their pupils clashed.

This time Tara blinked at him a few times before giving an awkward smile and looking away. 

She paced back and forth between the stalls for a while but her mind seemed to be fixated on that guy. 

She knew she wouldn't be able to stop thinking about him and would regret it if she didn't even try talking to him. What's the chance she was ever going to come across him again in her entire life. Thus she made the bold decision that was clawing at the back of her mind. 

The only thing making her hesitate was that she wondered if the guy was the kids father. If he was a married guy she would instantly back away and never look back. But how to know whether he was the father or just some relative ?

The guy looked relatively young as if he was in his early twenties. But the lady she saw with him previously also looked not much older. 

Tara was going crazy thinking about all these so she took a deep breath and started her mission. 

When she walked in that direction and looked at the guy , this time he instantly locked their gazes and stared back with scrunched eyebrows as if silently questioning her behavior. 

Tara just smiled and continued walking forward. 

When she reached the stroller she looked at the sleeping baby and her lips naturally curved upwards. " Ma Sha Allah he's so cute. I've been noticing this cutie for a while now. " Tara  started the conversation with an upbeat tone. 

The guy just nodded and gave her a formal smile.

Tara noticed the slight trace of stubble surrounding his mouth indicating he hadn't shaved for a while. It enhanced his face in the perfect way.

" Yeah , I've been noticing you looking this way for a while now. " The guy in white finally spoke out loud. 

Tara's heart skipped a beat hearing his alluring voice. It was better than what she had imagined. 

But she reminded herself not to get carried away unless she was sure about how he was related to the kid. So she continued with her plan.

“Sorry if I was being weird ! I promise I only have good intentions. I love babies. And this one especially is so cute. He seems to have taken after you." Tara bravely uttered but when she saw him raising his eyebrows at her statement she realized the intensity of her words which made her shift her gaze anywhere but at him. 

" Thank you." The simple words made her heart sink. Why was he not elaborating and saying more. Was this his child after all ? 

"Although people say he mostly takes after his mother." That enchanting voice finally blessed her ears again. 

Tara looked at him and gave a short laugh, " Oh! Your wife must be beautiful. " 

This time the guy looked shocked and blinked a few times before bursting out in chuckles. 

When he finally composed himself he said, " This is my nephew."

Laddoos seemed to be cooking in Tara's heart as she finally heard the words that reassured her soul, " So you're not married"