Nick & Matt- Grief

Start from the beginning

"There, there is some dude with a knife. Jesus, I'm out of breath. Just run and don't look back" Chris looked back after the shoe-obsessed stranger said that. What was he meant to do? Not look back?  

"What the fuck dude I just told you not to look back. If you die. Don't blame me" The man put his hands up in surrender and sprinted ahead of Chris, who had stopped to catch his breath real quick. 

He ran again, screams coming closer like echoes off walls next to you. 

You know how you make decisions that you regret making later. Like breaking up with someone or existing?

Well. Chris decided to wear pants without a zip-up pocket, meaning his phone fell out while he ran. He was get to gain the skills women have of holding multiple things at the same time. 

"Fuck" He mumbled, leaning down to pick up his phone. 

That should have been a harmless decision but instead, when he looked up from the ground, a masked man was standing atop him. Holding something shiny. Chris wanted to touch it. Then his eyes focused like a phone camera and he realized.

"Oh"

Chris's last words were "Oh" since the knife then acted like Chris's head was metal and stabbed him in the upper head three times.

Chris didn't even have time to say goodbye.

-- 

The funeral was too much. Matt and Nick did speeches, not that Matt's made much sense. The crying was kind of overpowering.

After that, the whole "I'm sorry for your loss" thing started. Matt nodded and Nick found the humour in the situation and had many things to say about it on the way home.

"You know that tall dude wore sandals? Yeah. He's Pete"

"From lacrosse" Matt gasped. Pete hated Chris.

"Yep. Oh and Nick's year four art teacher was sobbing when she saw us"

It was like two girls gossiping. If only.

If only Matt had gone with Chris to the mall, maybe they would have come a bit later meaning they would have missed the whole ordeal.

If only Nick hadn't been so motherly. Or more motherly and made both Matt and Chris stay home like they were grounded.

If only Chris wore trackies with pockets that zipped up.

If only this. If only that. I feel like I'm writing a Disney Channel song.

Matt's journal was filled with what-ifs. What if what that.

Nick only had time to think late at night.

If you want the truth. The twins never ended ok. They went through the stages of grief like puberty.

There were holes in walls, buckets of tears, days they wouldn't talk, days they couldn't shut up.

They took a break from YouTube for a bit but returned after around eight months. Nothing changed though. Same profile picture. Same seats. However, the middle seat was always empty.

So if you want the truth. Here it is.

They never were ok after that. They never drank another Pepsi, dodged the number twenty when they would, and wore fresh love to feel like Chris was hugging them.

Nick and Matt grew up. Chris stayed the unlucky number forever.

--

Sorry, y'all. I gave up. Ik it's a short chapter but at least y'all got one.

Let's talk. Ik scary words.

Writer's block is kicking me in the ass right now and I have shit going on as well but I love writing these so don't think I'm stopping.

I'm trying to update once a week but I need to use my laptop half the time so yeah. Bear with me.

I love y'all so so so much and requests are open so if you have an idea, DM it to me, drop it here, or at the request chapter.

I will now leave on these inspirational words from Eminem talking about the violence towards his English teacher.

"I smacked him in the face with an eraser and chased him with a stapler"

Love y'all. Don't do drugs.

-Bon xx