Nick & Matt- Grief

Start from the beginning

Chris rolled his eyes and started to walk out of the room, "Whatever losers. I'm going shopping. That's a mean girl's reference by the way" he informed his brothers.

"Did you watch Mean Girls or something?" Nick asked.

"Amazing movie" Chris fangirled before closing the door harshly behind him. Leaving Matt and Nick alone in the room.

"Leave"

"Sorry"

Nick scurried out of the room, slamming the door instead of closing it with force.

Such a difference.

--

Matt cried into his pillow, he was in the same spot as he was the last time he saw Chris.

The last time he saw Chris.

The last fucking time he saw his brother he had only experienced two minutes on earth without.

He just wanted to die. Wanted to melt into the mattress and hug Chris again, or yell at him, or just be in his presence.

Anything. Just one last goodbye.

Nick knocked softly on Matt's half-opened door. He didn't want the darkness to consume him.

"What Nick? I wanna be alone" he chocked out. Probably should have closed the door and let the darkness consume him, now that he thought about it.

Nick didn't care that Matt wanted to be alone. He didn't. Alone was scary.

Alone was being in a dark space with nothing but his thoughts, like what Matt was doing.

Alone was lying in his room, knowing the place they used to film podcasts was a couple of feet away.

Knowing all those happy memories were in reach yet he didn't want to grab it.

The author is rambling. It's late, so leave her alone.

"Leave Nick please" Matt begged, seeing Nick come closer.

"I'm not leaving. We aren't pushing each other away"

"Who said anything about pushing each other away? Have you been on Facebook or some shit?" Matt joked.

"I know you, Matt"

"Then you would know that I want to be alone with my pillow and stuffed animals. So could you please leave?"

--

The mall was oddly quiet when Chris walked out of the store he had been in for the last half an hour.

There had been a sale and like decided he should buy half the store. 

The mall had been all hustle and bustle when he walked in yet it was a ghost town when he came out. 

A pit in his stomach set. It was midday, why wasn't the mall flooding with forty-year-old mums trying to find Target? 

He didn't dwell on it for too long, wanting to get the fuck out of the mall. If the apocalypse was to happen, he was sure this was what it felt like. 

Then the screams started. 

He thought he was Patrick Bateman crazy.

The screams had a domino effect. Once one person screamed, another did, to the point, that even Chris was screaming and he didn't know why. 

Then everyone started to run, it was like a herd of people were possessed by wild bulls. 

"Why are we running?" Chris started jogging next to some dude who looked like he came to the mall purely to buy shoes. He was holding about ten different bags all with shoe brands of them.