Chapter 15 - Your Worst Nightmare

Start from the beginning

"I was hiding there, with the use of the time dilations to save much of my time, for a long whispering to that version of the skeleton, shamelessly misleading their thoughts and mind since they were young, they were too naive to 'hate' and so I continued to build their hate on their Gaster, who abused them so misjudgingly."

"The process was slow, I could not regenerate just fully yet due to 99% of my magic reserves and body being blown off, but it was enough to get an edge on the race."

"I had also anticipated the multiverses reproducing, you see, and what would transpire then after."

"When some of the previous properties of the parent multiverses were shared into its offspring, including the timeline where I hid, surprisingly it had not cloned another of what I had built up of myself, but that was no problem, the first, parent multiverse still saw me as a part of the timeline I was in, so as an alternative it simply teleported me over to the newer version of the timeline whose Sans I had been gnawing and influencing at, no need for a duplicate, and that influence, though mostly erased, was still there, and thanks to the new and reset time dilations because of the slight start from scratch in that new timeline, the process to my recovery was now sped up further."

"I kept building it up in that timeline in that newer Sans' mind until it reached the moment where he embraced his negativity fully... And killed his fellow family, scientists, and soon the entire Underground."

"Once again the time dilation moved forward in its march until the 'true' area of the story started, there were no more time skips after that but beforehand it was allowing me to grow further at such an intriguing pace, months and years of negativity passed by in what was only thirty minutes to you all, it was as if I cheated, you could say..."

"And then the final part of my plan, when you finally came in, produced more negativity for me until I finally returned..."

"If you want a more positive light... The other version of 'Mono' still resides in the first multiverse, but the third multiverse Mono? Completely dead without comeback."

"The little play I started ended a divine feat like no other... Complexity unrivaled." Nightmare proudly spoke as he outstretched his arms, bathing in his awakening as he let out a hefty laugh.

"...So Dream's sacrifice was pointless..?" Zeph slightly clenched his fists as he tilted his head in an aggravating way.

"Yes, that is indeed the point of what I spoke..." The king of negativity sarcastically said. "With that settled, this is the part where you start yelping," Nightmare's voice instantaneously became deeper and far more distorted as he dashed over to Zeph and Dust, who was just beginning to absorb the info and were still in silent disbelief, at that moment their Half-Singularities kicked in, the king of negativity rushed with a far faster speed than before as two tentacles with an axe-like end emerged from his body, slashing horizontally at Zeph and Dust from both sides, although luckily the two were able to step back, dodging the attack in the nick of time.

Zeph was the first to slide back in, vaulting over one of Nightmare's axe hands, getting up close before contracting his legs mid-air, then thrusting them out forward mixed in with magic to deliver a deadly blue shockwave together with the strength of his legs, knocking and damaging Nightmare on hit, pushing the monster of negativity back immensely as the strike hit their chest, yet they held their ground, only sliding across as the intense momentum from the strike finally died down with the force of their legs, the attack was able to noticeably scar off some of Nightmare's goop on his chest, although was quickly regenerated with minimal effort.