Chapter 5 - Encounter

A child can sometimes inherit already existing traits of their parents, for instance, if one's father has blonde hair, more often than not, they will fall into that same characteristic, even down to the complex parts, the psyche of parent may inhabit into the mind of their child depending on the circumstances on the nurturing, but sometimes, it may even happen naturally, like a star exploding into many fragments, all a sign of what it once was.

For this case alone, one unique out of a pool of dullness, this new multiverse had sustained and taken the traits from its parent multiverses, the void that made it up, the spatial complexities that allowed the universes to live amongst each other in an infinite spread, and the Worldline that bounded it all together.

However...

This multiverse in itself, no matter how vastly different and unique, was capable of even producing universes that once existed originally, and perhaps still do in its dearest predecessors.

...

The reincarnation of the fallen Optictale, taken by the great chaos, floats about amongst the third multiverse's interior...

The wind whooshed by peacefully, the grass swayed to its melancholic yet sweet dance as the sun glimmered brightly on the mountain below, and the village that sat near its bottom, a quiet village whose walls stretched as far as the mountain itself, but amongst one of its many streets and corners in particular, when the sun only barely glimpsed through...

"...Who are you? I've never seen you before," The blue-eyed child spoke in a wary tone as they took a step back, their eyes narrowing down on Zeph as then, out of a defensive countermeasure out of pure instinct their magical aura went further into excelsior, bursting out like flames, yet Zeph knelt unfazed, before getting up, towering over the blue-eyed child, whilst Ink and Error only continued to hide behind the tree, wondering just what the hell Zeph was trying to pull.

"Haha... No need to get so tense, kid..?" Zeph spoke in a tone just as cautious, deep inside he was still somewhat unsure if this was really who he thought it was, all he needed was some more information to truly confirm it, and that would be quite simple to achieve, Zeph thought both confidently and out of curiosity.

"You felt it too, haven't you?" Zeph continued, as he noticed the blue-eyed child's face grow into a slight frown as they seemed to be ready to heave out a heavy sigh, it became clear to Zeph that this 'child' knew enough about magic to know that this would be unnatural, it was a rather nostalgic feeling, and for the wrong reasons as he closed his eyes for a moment, recollecting himself before going further, his eyes locked at the blue-eyed child who for an instant, took the smallest step forward, their face showing a calmer yet nonchalant expression.

"...My name is... Gabriel, what's your name, kid?" Zeph said, clearly lying through his teeth, and although it felt like a scummy move, to him at least, he did not want to pry the situation further and cause confusion, at a Worldline collapse if things start to change drastically if he told even his real name, Zeph never knew if his universe was allowed to know about the multiverse after all, oddly, it was always the more extravagant and more unique universes that were kept from this secret, nevertheless, Zeph planned to continue approaching this situation.

"Hey... What's the hold-up?" Ink whispered to Error, who was quick to shut Ink up by putting his hand to their mouth, though it was more or less an act of skepticism rather than annoyance.