Chapter 10 - Dreamer

"We gladly welcome you on your first day as an assistant scientist, REDACTED."

"You're performance in the test was quite awe-inspiring so we hope you dutifully live up to our standards and principles."

"However, if you in the off-chance you refuse, we ask of you to remember at the very least our one core rule in this laboratory, and take it to heart..."

"All that happens here, no matter what will always be our fault."

"But with the shame from loss, comes freedom to do it all..."

"As mercilessly as we can, neutralize all problems."

"Kill everything that will threaten the future of monsterkind."

"Do you understand..?"

...

"I believe it's safe to scout out the two multiverses, although It's mandatory we'll have to find at least a thing or two we can go off of..." Zeph made a thinking gesture as he sat on the fountain's edge, with Dust standing attentively in front.

"Do you think you or Core could try finding him using your sight?" Dust questioned concerningly as he crossed his arms.

"Probably, but I have a gut feeling there's gonna be something blocking it... I mean it's happened before with all the other Calamities, and this one we're dealing with seems just as cunning... Hell, they probably wanted us to kick him out the Omega Timeline for a quicker journey or something of the like," Zeph said as he tapped onto the forehead of his mask consistently, and before Dust could, Zeph suddenly raised his head and looked straight at the skeleton.

"Although I did get a good read on his 'presence'... Perhaps I could find him with that," Zeph said before standing up, stretching his arms he walked past Dust, placing his hand on his shoulder as the latter turned around in confusion.

"Let's go find the others... It's best we don't inform them of this after we've already gone scouting, eh?" Zeph spoke with a small chuckle escaping as he let go of his hand and walked over to a more empty area of the Plaza as Dust followed.

"Let's just hope we don't need to guess or rely on intuition..." Dust spoke seriously as the two stood in that allotted area Zeph looked at him, as if signaling something, immediately, Dust raised out his hands and opened a medium-sized purple portal which shimmered vibrantly amongst its surroundings as Zeph then took a step forward.

"Either way that's somewhat of a success for us still, because when it comes to our little group here..."

"Intuition is what saves us, heh."

THE SECOND MULTIVERSE, TWO HOURS PRECISELY AFTER THE ENCOUNTER.

Everything was just as still and perfect as it were when the original multiverse halved, though undoubtedly there seemed to now lurk an eerie, ungodly presence amongst the hidden crevices of this collection of worlds. Zooming past these universes, a Gaster Blaster of considerable proportion, with purple glowing eyes, its relentless trail leaving a flaming violet in its path, with three skeletons that rode its skull were idle and persistent in what they were searching.