Friendships and Jealousy

Allie was rather impressed with herself when she convinced Bucky to invite Wilson to a training session with Mary, Evelyn, and Louise. She had made it a point that he should see where the girls were at with their skill levels, and that it wouldn't hurt for him to have a friend with him.

It was clear to see, almost instantly, that her friends would be needing much more training with handling weapons of any kind. They may have had a necessary intensity, but even Allie could see that they had less aim than she had when she started. Wilson had taken to giving them hints and tips, partially helping to make it easier for them in their first training session.

Bucky had decided instead of being a teacher to tease his girlfriend instead. While she was aiming at the target in front of her, Allie rose her hand with a pistol in it, taking a deep breath as she lined up to point at the center of her target. Bucky nearly startled her out of her skin as he placed his hands on her arms, guiding her like he did those first lessons he had given her before they had left for the road. She scoffed with a quick laugh as she looked up at him.

"Well, this feels oddly familiar," she whispered, the puffs of her breath fanning against his cheek as his lips remained quirked up in a smirk. "I believe I told you I could do this on my own back then, too."

"You did," he agreed. "But I like this."

"You could help to teach my friends," she pursed her lips at him.

Bucky grinned, nodding in the direction of her target as he stood up straight. Mary, Louise, and Evelyn watched as she realigned her aim and fired a few rounds. Bucky was the one to retrieve the target, grinning at Allie as he pointed to the hits on the center of the target.

"Excellent aim," he complimented, glancing at Wilson. "Taught her everything she knows."

"So, teach my friends so they can defend themselves too," Allie scoffed and reloaded the pistol.

Bucky did just that, helping Wilson to set the women up in front of their targets, correcting the way they held their weapons and the way they stood. Allie watched as the three smiled after hitting the target at all, none of them having any experience with anything like it before. There was more than one moment that Allie caught Wilson looking at Evelyn the way that Bucky looked at her. As he came to stand beside her, she pointed the way Wilson beamed at Evelyn out to him.

"Who would have thought we could bring two people together," she teased, leaning her head against her head against his shoulder. "We may be in a hell out here, but at least something good comes from it."

"It's good to see him happy like this," Bucky commented softly. "He's a good kid."

The session continued on as each of her friends became more accustomed to aiming and firing, Allie beaming with pride. She knew that there was a hope that they would never have to defend themselves, but she was more comfortable knowing that they could. She was ready for the day that all of her nurses could defend themselves.

Allie joined in the training session for a few more targets of her own, listening to Bucky and Wilson talking on the side about how they could conduct more training sessions once the Commandos were back on the road and headed to the next Hydra facility. When they had finally decided to finish up, Allie offered to teach the girls to store their weapons. Bucky walked over to her and leaned against the table she stood beside.

"I'll see you tonight," she grinned. "The girls and I are going to go out for the afternoon."

"Oh, you are?" he smirked and looked amongst them. "Don't have too much fun."

"Why? Are you afraid of missing out?" she teased. "I thought that's what you have Steve and Wilson for?"

"Ha ha," he mocked and rolled his eyes. "You're real funny. When we get back to Brooklyn, you should go into comedy."