Bickering

For two years, Allie, Steve, and Bucky had gone to the same high school. It was commonly known in the school that Bucky was very close to both of the Rogers siblings. At any given time when not in class, the three could be found talking, or in some cases arguing, in the halls and courtyards.

Having both been talented at art, if Allie wasn't around, the two boys were known for having art supplies out and completing works of art during their free periods. If Allie was around, everyone knew that they were either talking animatedly about something or arguing about nonexistent issues. The two did, after all, enjoy pushing each other's buttons.

On one particular sunny afternoon, the three friends had sat outside in the courtyard during their lunch period. One of the boys in Bucky's class had braved walking over to the group to talk to Allie. Finding the boy cute and happy to have attention, Allie agreed. That was until Bucky decided to clear his throat and glare at the boy. He couldn't explain the feeling he had in the pit of his stomach, but he didn't like the interaction one bit the second the boy had asked Allie on a date.

Shooing the boy away and staring at the table they were at, Bucky ignored the glare he was receiving from Allie. If looks could kill, there would have been no trace of Bucky's body with how angry Allie was.

"Now why did you do that?" her voice came out bitter as she ate the sandwich that her mother had made for her lunch.

"He's bad news," Bucky shrugged. Even he knew that it was a lie and weak excuse.

"Bad news?" Allie scoffed with a harsh roll of her eyes. "He asked me out on a date."

"In front of your brother," Steve interjected, not sure who he was inclined to side with.

"See, bad news," Bucky said as if he were waving off the issue.

"What's the big deal?" she hissed at the two. "Besides, I don't see how you get to make my decisions for me," she narrowed her eyes at Bucky who finally looked her in the eye.

"I didn't make any decisions for you," Bucky glared at her.

Steve looked between the two, quickly realizing where the conversation was going. Swallowing his food, he took a deep breath and stood up. "That's my cue to leave," he muttered and quickly left the table, fearful of coming in between their argument.

"Yes you did! I didn't even have the chance to answer him," she crossed her arms.

"Would you have said yes?" Bucky questioned, studying her for a moment.

"What does that matter?"

"Would you have said yes?" he repeated.

"I don't know, maybe not, but that's not the point," she countered.

"But you'd probably have rejected him, so what's the issue," Bucky groaned.

Allie narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms tightly against her chest. Huffing out a breath, she turned her head away from him haughtily. A short distance away from them, Allie heard girls from their classes giggling. When she noticed that they were pointing at herself and Bucky, she began to turn red.

"They bicker like a married couple," one girl in the group laughed, earning glares from Allie and Bucky who had both heard her.

"We're not bickering!" the hissed in unison. They quickly turned their attention back to one another, frowning at each other.

"I still don't see what the problem is," Bucky said as he stood up and began to walk off in the direction Steve had gone. Allie was quick to stand and follow him.