Chapter 1: Orange You Glad To See Us

Third Persons POV:

"what about that one?" taehyung pointed out to jimin.

from between the stacks of tomatoes and herb plants, jimin peeks over at the boy that's caught his lover's attention.

the boy is small, skinny, with unruly curls that he hides behind

the boy is small, skinny, with unruly curls that he hides behind. he wears a very worn oversized black hoodie that gives him the cutest little sweater paws that he's subtly chewing on and his little feet point inward towards each other. the boy's appearance riles up a deep seeded darkness in jimin.

the boy is currently standing next to a produce shelf that contains bananas, apples and oranges with a sign that says, "parents! kids may enjoy one free piece of fruit from this bin as a healthy snack."

jimin and taehyung notice that the boy nervously looks around and hovers a little hand, curiously covered in bruises and cuts, over the banana and apple, as if he's not quite sure which one to choose or if he's allowed since he's not here with a parent and he may be too "old" to be a kid. he bites his lower lip at his inner conflict.

and jimin wants to bite that lower lip for him.

the boy grabs an orange, eyes fluttering closed momentarily at how it fits so perfectly in his little hand

the boy grabs an orange, eyes fluttering closed momentarily at how it fits so perfectly in his little hand. he delicately holds the small round object in between his two little hands and gently rolls it over his lips and cheeks, cooing at it, like he's petting the most adorable little baby bunny he's ever seen.

all that time debating between a banana and apple, only to choose the orange makes taehyung and jimin chuckle.

the boy walks away, rather hobbles as if tripping over his own little feet, sticking to the edges of the grocery store aisles while he peels his treat, little pink tongue darting out in concentrated effort.

the silence and watchful dark glint in jimin's eyes tells taehyung that he's interested.

very interested.

wordlessly, jimin and taehyung follow the little boy throughout the store, ignoring the shopping they originally came there for.

today is sample sunday and the store was offering samples of food in almost every aisle. while the boy patiently waits in line while nibbling on his sleeve for a sample of a pasta dish, it becomes evidently clear that this boy must not have the means for food. he doesn't even have a basket for items and doesn't seem to be carrying money to purchase anything.