One skeleton left from her homeland, four ending up on the new one

Where the narration proceeds with Persephone's attempts to adjust in her new life, the difficulties and the triple surprise she will have to deal with for the next years.

i bettee be seein' this comment section more alive, not silent😤. in other words, don't be shy to comment, if you really feel like you wanna express something in more than just a thought through the chapter. okay? okay.

No one's POV:
-

"What was that house your mother was brought to?" Geno asked.

"As she didn't know the language then, mother had guessed she would be in service of some rich person. Or monster perhaps. Just like how she had the maids and servants in her old house who were servin' her family, now she would be the maid of someone else. She wasn't unfamiliar with how house chores were done, despite she was of a rich family, she would often help around the house, much to the staff's surprise and denial, that it was their job to serve and she should focus on her rich lady-like duties. She could clean and tidy up and she was better at whatever was related to gardens."

"Of course."

"Boy she had no idea about cooking however. That, was of her weak spots. As Persephone looked at the front of the house and around the courtyard, she realised the building itself was dark and gloomy. Also she could not sense any plant life around her. There was just one tree on the side and it had a trunk old and rough, with not a single leaf on it. Dead. She had started not liking the place. Yes it seemed clean and well-taken care of, its position as it was on a higher altitude had a great view of the town and the fields far away, but it felt as if it reeked of death and sorrow, more over loneliness."