S2 ~ CH-31 - Trouble at the Cycling Road

Chapter 31 - Trouble at the Cycling Road!

In this chapter Ash and Serena are on their way to Hearthome City when all of a sudden things change so they have to take a detour. As this happens, something will turn their detour in a whole new adventure!

- If you enjoy the chapter, I would really appreciate it if you left a vote.

- I do post a lot on my profile and if you want to be notified, make sure to drop a follow!
- Lastly, I would love it if you guys drop comments on things you notice, like or dislike. Let me know!
- I have a discord server with a few other writers/readers. Feel free to join, link is here or if it doesn't work, it's in the comments.

Discord link is in my Bio.

Wordcount: 3547

_______________________________________

Narrator: After Ash managed to win his fifth pearl and is now halfway on his road to compete for the World League, it took our heroes around an hour or two to reach the pokemon center near the famous Cycling Road.

"I can't wait to bike again!" Serena chimed with happiness and excitement as the two approached nurse Joy, sitting behind the counter. "It's been so long since I've ridden one!"

This particular Pokémon center they went to is renting bikes for people who want to cross the bridge.

Going over the bridge was a massive shortcut instead of traveling on foot. Then they only have to go through Mt. Coronet to reach Hearthome City.

"Me too!" Ash agreed happily. "Last time I've ridden a bike was in Kanto when I traveled with Brock and Misty!" He added, reminiscing the memories of that time.

"Pika-chu!" Pikachu agreed with them as they approached nurse Joy.

"Hello there, how can I help you?" She asked in an upbeat tone while a wonderful smile displayed her good mood.

"Hi nurse Joy!" Serena greeted her with a large smile. "We were wondering if we could rent a pair of bikes here." She asked.

"Are you two by any chance planning to go over the Cycling Road?" Nurse Joy asked intently.

"Yes!" Ash replied. "We're traveling to Hearthome City and that will save us a lot of time!" He grinned excitedly.

The look on nurse Joy's face immediately turned sour. "I'm sorry but the Cycling Road isn't available for use right now..." She apologised.

"WHAT!?" Both Ash and Serena exclaimed. Both cried anime tears as they slumped down. "Now he have to travel all the way by foot..." Ash groaned.

"...And we have to go all the way around..." Serena added in tears.

"Wait, there is a pathway underneath the bridge." Nurse Joy said in a hopeful tone as both Ash and Serena looked up. "People stopped using it when the Cycling Road came so it isn't as maintained as it was but it's still in good enough condition to use." She explained.

Ash and Serena glanced at each other, already knowing that they were going to take it. "Thanks nurse Joy!" Both expressed their gratitude with a slight bow.

"No problem," she said with a large smile. "Glad to help!"

(---)

After a few minutes, Ash, Pikachu and Serena find themselves standing infront of the large bridge. Construction signs were posted at the front, indicating that nurse Joy wasn't lying and that there were indeed constructions.