S2 ~ CH-22 - A New Future!

Hello everyone. Before we start the chapter, I announce hereby that I will take next week off for a small break. My inspiration is completely gone and I need some time to get my mind working again. I don't want it to sound like a lame excuse but taking a rest from time to time allows me to keep it fun to do and not tiring.

-

Chapter 22 - A New Future!

In this chapter Ash and Serena will meet up with Aria again as she hosts a talent show. Ash convinces her to join but things end up with a twist!

- If you enjoy the chapter, I would really appreciate it if you left a vote.

- I do post a lot on my profile and if you want to be notified, make sure to drop a follow!
- Lastly, I would love it if you guys drop comments on things you notice, like or dislike. Let me know!
- I have a discord server with a few other writers/readers. Feel free to join, link is here or if it doesn't work, it's in the comments.

Discord link is in my Bio.

Wordcount: 3958

_______________________________________

Narrator: Last time, Ash managed to clinch in a win against Olympia in a hard fought battle. Ultimately his Mega Charizard Z and Ash-Greninja managed to take down Mega Alakazam and Grumpig, using some trickery and earning Ash the Psychic Pearl. Now a day later, we join our heroes as they are out to celebrate Ash's win.

They sat in a small cafe near the Annistar gym. Ash had already brought his pokemon to nurse Joy so she could take care of them and nurse them back to full health.

Ash, Serena and Pikachu were sitting in one of the booth's, having a slice of the famous pink coloured 'Psychic cake'.

Ash took a bite from his cake. And as the taste hit his taste buds, he couldn't help but let out a happy sound. "Serena!" He said her name with enthusiasm. "You've got to try this! It's amazing!" He cheered with his eyes sparkling in amazement.

Serena hummed while she widely smiled at her boyfriend. "Really?" She asked, tilting her head slightly sideways before she took a bite herself. Just as what happened to Ash, the taste hit her taste buds and she couldn't contain a squeal. "It's is!" Her eyes sparkled as she quickly took another bite.

Pikachu was visibly enjoying his slice aswell. He was eating it as if anyone could steal it from him at any moment and so, it wasted no time munching down on it.

Ever since they left the gym, Serena felt she needed to celebrate the win with Ash and what better way to celebrate than with food?

She had taken her time to look around in her tablet, looking at various places where they could eat. But this one stood out to her. Mainly due to the cake they were eating right now.

She looked at Ash as he gobbled down his cake. Subconsciously she put down her spoon and used her elbows so that she could lean on the table, resting her head in her palms as she smiled uncontrollably while watching him.

She was so proud of him. Not only because he won the battle. It played a part but what she was most proud of was that he had become the Ash that she knows, the Ash that she loves again.