S2 ~ CH-28 - Impenetrable Defenses!

Chapter 28 - Impenetrable Defenses!

In this chapter Ash will finally battle Gardenia for the Grass Pearl Symbol. The challenge is tough and different as Gardenia surprises Ash with a defensive masterpiece thst he has never seen before!

- If you enjoy the chapter, I would really appreciate it if you left a vote.

- I do post a lot on my profile and if you want to be notified, make sure to drop a follow!
- Lastly, I would love it if you guys drop comments on things you notice, like or dislike. Let me know!
- I have a discord server with a few other writers/readers. Feel free to join, link is here or if it doesn't work, it's in the comments.

Discord link is in my Bio.

Wordcount: 4051

_______________________________________

Narrator: After failing to stop Team Rocket from stealing the Emerald tablets, our heroes got a room at the pokemon center in order to get a good night of rest.

The next morning, Ash, Serena, Pikachu and their other pokemon were having breakfast together. Both Ash and Serena were seated in a booth, next to a window where they could see their other pokemon eat outside. Due to the sizes of pokemon like Charizard, they couldn't really fit in the cafeteria of the pokemon center and therefore they had decided to do it this way.

"If you wanna call professor Oak for a different pokemon, you should do it soon." Serena suggested. "Because after breakfast, we should leave for the gym. Gardenia probably expects us soon." She figured.

"I don't need to." Ash swallowed his bite of food down. "I'm happy with the team I currently have.

Serena looked surprised to hear that. "You sure? The only one with an advantage over grass types is Charizard." She replied.

"That's true." Ash agreed. "But I believe my pokemon are strong enough to beat Gardenia." He sounded confident.

Serena looked at him before shaking her head with a small giggle. Ash looked curiously at her. "What?" He asked.

"Nothing." Serena stopped shaking her head as she looked at him with a large smile. "It's just that it's typically you."

"What do you mean?" Ash asked, now as he completely had lost the plot.

"You always believe in your pokemon." She said. "It's your strength. With the believe and care you have for them, it doesn't matter whoever you face, type advantage or not, you always believe that you will beat them, no matter what."

Ash thought for a second. Then he sweatdropped. "Am I really like that?"

Serena nodded, giggling at his goofiness. "Yes." She answered before leaning over the table to take his hands in hers. "But that's what I love the most about you." She smiled sweetly.

Ash grinned, feeling energy pumping through his body as he felt encouraged by Serena. He stood up and pulled her up aswell, surprising her a little. He then gave her a quick kiss on her lips and laughed. "You're great you know."

Serena was flustered while blushing mad. Not only because of the compliment but also with all the people that saw their little ruckus and all 'awed' at them after seeing their kiss.

(---)

After wrapping up breakfast and returning their pokemon to their respective pokeballs, our heroes arrived at the gym. It was a large structure with a big round pokeball placed right above the door. Furthermore, the building was completely overgrown and covered in greenery.