S2 ~ CH-29 Ash vs Gardenia, A Battle of Trickery!

Chapter 29 - Ash vs Gardenia, A Battle of Trickery!

In this chapter Ash and Gardenia continue their battle for the Grass Pearl Symbol. After taking down Torterra successfully, Ash is faced with some serious trickery along with changing conditions?

- If you enjoy the chapter, I would really appreciate it if you left a vote.

- I do post a lot on my profile and if you want to be notified, make sure to drop a follow!
- Lastly, I would love it if you guys drop comments on things you notice, like or dislike. Let me know!
- I have a discord server with a few other writers/readers. Feel free to join, link is here or if it doesn't work, it's in the comments.

Discord link is in my Bio.

Wordcount: 5789

_______________________________________

Ash vs Gardenia

Castform - changing weather from the side, rain - sunny day - hail - cycle for Ash to break and abuse by understanding it at the end
Cherrim - speed sunny day - Stun spore, Grass Knot, Sludge Bomb, Petal Dance
Roserade - weather ball
Cacturn - relentless with needed arm

----------

Narrator: Last time, our heroes arrived at the gym and the battle quickly started with a duel between Greninja and Torterra.

With a seemingly impenetrable dome in place, Gardenia and Torterra had the upper hand for a long time. However, when Ash sparked up an idea, he was able to turn the tides, making use of some old memories and slick moves. Now we join him as they are set off to continue their battle.

Gardenia clenched her next pokeball with excitement. "Things are only getting tougher from here!" She said, taking her next pokeball in her hand.

"Bring it on!" Ash said with confidence. Gardenia smiled widely and pulled her pokeball back before throwing it. "It's your turn now Cherrim!" She exclaimed.

The pokeball flashed open and now Gardenia's second pokemon landed on the battlefield. "Cherrim!" It exclaimed.

Ash remembered this pokemon well. Back when it was a Cherubi, it was a difficult opponent to beat. Its speed was incredible which it used to dodge with ease and strike fast with precision.

Gardenia turned to the referee, who took to everyone's surprise a pokeball out. She threw it and a Castform appeared from it.

Ash looked confused as to why Castform was out but Gardenia was already a step ahead with explaining.

"Ash, this Castform is a wild card for the remainder this battle." She spoke up, grabbing his attention in an instant. "Castform is trained and will change the weather conditions."

"Wait..." Ash interrupted. "Are you using a fifth pokemon?" He asked. If Gardenia was, she suddenly changed the rules and basically cheated.

Gardenia shook her head. "No." She answered before continuing. "Castform will only have an influence the battle by changing the weather every few rounds."

Ash was a bit confused at this but accepted it. He would see how things would turn out. Right now, he was leading now with one to zero. And now with Cherrim as his next opponent, he knew what to do now.

Ash turned to Greninja. "Are you up for another round or do you wanna take some rest?" Ash asked his partner on the battlefield, who was letting out some breaths of exhaustion after constantly attacking and dodging.

"Gren." Greninja replied, pointing to Ash's pokeballs. Ash let out a chuckle. "I see. You want the others to have some fun too." He laughed a little before grabbing his pokeball. "Okay Greninja, return." He said and a red glow sucked the water type back to his pokeball.