thirty

*Aria's p.o.v*

I suddenly woke up from my sleep. I could feel my face was wet, so I touched it and realized that I've been sweating the whole time. I don't know how long I've been sleeping but when I stood up from the bed and looked outside it was already bright out. I got out of my bunk and headed towards the shower. Once I got inside the bathroom, I took off my clothes and stepped inside. I feel the warm water hitting my face and I just close my eyes. I haven't felt this relaxed in awhile.

I stayed in the shower for a couple more minutes until I got out. I wrapped a towel around my body and I went up to the sink. I brushed my teeth and looked at myself through the mirror. I had horrible eye bags and I just looked completely exhausted. I looked down at my hands and unwrapped the bandage that I had put on yesterday. I looked at my knuckles and it looked worse than yesterday. I threw the bandage away and walked out to my locker. I put on my uniform and put my hair up into a ponytail.

Once I finished, I walked into the barn and saw the others organizing some items. I walked up to one of the trucks to help out but I didn't feel like talking so instead I listened in on their conversations.

Maya: She looks tense. I wish I could read lips.

Vic: This is the reporter from the Mayor's office? Maybe they'll give her the key to the city.

Maya: Well, whatever happens, we can't let her see us watching.

Ben: Anybody talk to Gibson yet?

I rolled my eyes at the mention of his name. Next thing I knew I heard a familiar voice walking in behind us.

Jack: Talked to me about what?

Vic and Ben: Hey!

Ben: Good to see you, man! You feeling good?

Vic: If there's anything you need, you know..

Jack: Thanks. Yeah, just as long as nobody says the word "skyscraper." It could, um, undo months of therapy. Kidding!

I turned around to face him and I see him direct his eyes to me. I took a deep breath and shook my head. I turned my body around and dropped what I was holding and walked away. I walked into the beanery and sat on one of the stools with my head in my hands. Therapy. He left to go to therapy. I shook my head again and took another deep breath.

Pruitt: Bishop! *yells from downstairs* The desk isn't waiting for you!

I stood up from the stool after hearing my name getting yelled throughout the station. I jogged down the stairs and met up with Pruitt who was standing right at the bottom. 

Pruitt: You know, you could be like Gibson and go to therapy so you can go out on calls.

Me: Sucks I'm not Gibson then huh

I walked past him and sat down on the spinning chair. I sat there with my thoughts replaying in my head when I felt someone's presence standing beside me. I looked up and saw Vic.

Vic: Your hand looks bad.

I looked over at my bruised up hand and hid it from her. 

Vic: Let me take a look at it. 

I ignored her offer and went back to doing the paperwork I should've been doing. She was about to say something else when someone walked in.

Travis: Ah, got my workout in.

Vic: Wow

Travis: Took my bike.

Vic: I can see that.

Travis: *out of breath* cycling takes a lot more than physical prowess you know? It's a whole mind-body sport.

Vic: Oh, yeah. More than golf lessons or the pilates or every other hobby you've picked up since you broke up with Grant?