𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝟮𝟰: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝘂𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

Start from the beginning

"I know, but," Twilight Sparkle said. "Can you promise me that she'll be safe? That there really is a way where we can make sure she'll be safe from the prophecy? My mother won't tell us anything about the visions and our only other option of finding out is Jake, because he can."

Flash Sentry grew quiet for a while as he let her words sink in. He knows that his mother-in-law must have a reason for not telling them anything about the visions she's had but... it didn't help conceal their fears and concerns for their child.

"Okay, for Briana," Flash Sentry told her. "But, I think we should ask Quill to come down with us to the dungeon."

Twilight Sparkle smiled softly as she nodded before the two leaned in and shared a kiss.

👑👑👑

FLASH SENTRY WALKED onto the field where he found his older brother training. He watched as Quill practiced his sword fighting on his own; moving his swords in a fluid motion perfectly—even with one eye, his brother was still able to fight just as well as himself. "How's your eye?" He asked.

Quill looked over at his younger brother while he placed his swords away. "It's fine, it actually doesn't hurt as much now, but hey, battle scar." he said, lightly touching his mask that covered his scarred and damaged eye that he received during the war before noticing his brother's face. "What's up?"

"Twilight wants answers about the prophecy from Jake." Flash Sentry answered simply, already knowing how his overprotective brother was gonna react.

Quill frowned immediately. "What? No, no way, Flash," he said. "Look, I'm the big brother—my job is to keep you safe, and Jake isn't safe."

"But he's also your son," Flash Sentry reminded before he sighed. "You can't avoid him forever for what he did, Quill."

"He killed his own mother, Flash," Quill said with a frown, the very same heartbroken expression on his face as the memory ran its course in his head. "As much as I hate to have my own son locked up in the dungeon, even I know he's dangerous."

"I know, but..." Flash Sentry started. "Twilight won't rest until she gets some kind of peace, and honestly, I wouldn't mind having some answers about the prophecy either since I doubt my mother-in-law would be telling us anytime soon. And I'd feel better knowing that my big brother was with us in case Jake tries anything."

Quill didn't said anything as he looked away slightly.

Flash Sentry took this as a chance to continue. "If you had a chance like this to get answers about Jake and his condition—maybe find something to hope for that could get him better, wouldn't you want to take it?"

Quill couldn't help but sigh as he nodded, facing his brother. "I hate when you're right, you know?"

"I know," he said before smirking. "But that's why you keep me around, huh?"

Quill gave a small chuckle before rolling his eyes. "Dobe." He responded in Japanese.

"Teme." Flash Sentry answered back in Japanese as well.