retelling/reliving

Tw.

"Felix hurry up!"

"Changbin can you please release hyunjin so we can go?"

"Seungmin and jeongin- oh"

"Everyone in the car, let's go!"

Mrs. Han's house was bustling with activity as everyone hurriedly completed their final tasks before embarking on their journey to the hospital.

The journey in the car was unexpectedly peaceful compared to the frenzy that had taken place in the house moments earlier. Some were anxious, while others were overjoyed.

~

Jisung found himself back in Minho's bed once more. The only moments he strayed from his side were when the nurses popped in to bring him meals, medicine, and conduct routine examinations.

"Min?"

Minho gazed down at Jisung, who was resting comfortably on his shoulder.

"Hm?"

"I love you."

A wide smile broke out on his face, "so suddenly?"

"Yah. Say it back."

"I love you too jagi, but what's wrong, hm?"

Jisung fiddled with the tag of Minho's sweater, contemplating whether to speak his mind.

"Since everything that has transpired, I can't help but worry that you might disappear again. That's why I want to seize every opportunity to express it. Min, I am deeply in love with you."

"Ewww jisung-"

Jisung smacked Minho across his chest after that causing the older to chuckle.

"I love you more sungie~"

Jisung hoisted himself to look Minho in the eye.

"Nuh uh, I do"

"Yuh uh."

"Nuh uh."

"Yuh-"

The sound of footsteps making themselves known in the room cut jisung and Minho off from their little banter.

The whole group gathered around their bedside to give them a warm embrace.

"Never ever scare us like that again you mentally unstable rainbows."

"Hyunjin did you really have to say that?"

Bangchan stood there, arms crossed, casting a critical gaze upon Hyunjin's very existence.

Hyunjin side eyed him with a scoff, "it is true though."

"Both of you shut up. Jiji how are you feeling?"

"Suddenly I'm invisible and no one cares about me."

"Oh shut up Minho, he's my best friend, get away."

"I'm his husband. You shoo?!"

"Yeah? Well I don't see a ring on his finger so bleh."

Mrs han rubbed her temple, "I'm surrounded by children."

"Oh? The gang's all here?"

All eyes shifted towards the sound of the doctor's voice. Some found themselves settling on the floor, while others chose to occupy the chairs or the empty spot on Jisung's bed.

"Jisung what are you doing over there? Again?"

He pressed his lips together and averted his gaze from the doctor, silently willing him to change the subject. Fortunately for Jisung, the doctor obliged.