@lilyvictoriawrites

Hello fellow Wattpadders! Today we have with us lilyvictoriawrites, the author of the book, A Perfect Fit.

I am Abhipreeti (_abhipreeti_) and I have interviewed Lily Victoria, a.k.a, lilyvictoriawrites.

Lily Victoria is a romance writer who started her writing journey on Wattpad

Lily Victoria is a romance writer who started her writing journey on Wattpad. Her first book, A Perfect Fit, won a Watty award in 2023. When she's not writing, she enjoys reading, listening to Taylor Swift on repeat, and tuning into a podcast or YouTube video. 

At what age did you realize that you have a special place for writing? Are you currently or do you ever dream of one day being in the writing industry?

>>I've always enjoyed writing creative stories since I was a kid, and I'm so glad I've now picked up writing again as an adult. I'm not currently in the writing industry but would love to be published as an author one day.

Did any story, on or off Wattpad, inspire you ever and help you carve your interest towards writing books?

>>There's definitely a fair few from my childhood! Two series that come to mind are the Candy Apple Books and the Rainbow Magic Series - I remember being so excited to borrow these at my school library (so much nostalgia just thinking about them again). More recently, when I first started reading the romance genre, I really enjoyed Tessa Bailey's romcom-style books, in particular The Bellinger Sisters series, so that's definitely also inspired me.

What is the genre(s) in which you mostly write your books? Do you think you are able to create brilliant plots when you write in that specific genre(s)?

>>I write in the romance genre, which is my favorite genre. I think you're able to create brilliant plots in any genre you're passionate about, so I hope to do that with my books and hopefully craft a story that's fun and heartwarming, with captivating and swoon-worthy characters.

What advice would you like to give to authors who are writing in the same genre(s) as yours?

>>I'd say there's really no right or wrong way on how you want to execute a romance story - write the story you feel the most passionate and excited about and go for it! Think about any favorite tropes you'd like to incorporate and how you can translate them into scenes, work on building your characters and their backstories, think about the turning key points for the story - e.g. at what point do they realize their feelings for each other etc. And have fun with the process!

Do you have any favourite quote or quotes from your book?

>>This is quite hard to pick as I definitely have a few! I'll give one which came to mind - this is when the MMC asks the FMC to pass over her phone and he types in his number, before saying: "I know the Instagram DM's were fun, but now you have my number. Usually, I tell people not to contact me before nine a.m., but I think I can make an exception for my girl."