@ccstarfield

Hello fellow Wattpadders! Today we have ccstarfield, author of the book, Like Bees to Honey, with us.

I am Abhipreeti (_abhipreeti_), and I have interviewed CC Starfield, a.k.a, ccstarfield.

CC Starfield is a Watty Award-winning author and Wattpad Creator who has been dreaming of made-up worlds for as long as they can remember

CC Starfield is a Watty Award-winning author and Wattpad Creator who has been dreaming of made-up worlds for as long as they can remember. Today they write about flawed, fabulous queer people chasing their happy endings in books full of romance, humour, and complicated family relationships. When CC isn't writing, they drink too much tea and argue about the rules of board games.

At what age did you realize that you have a special place for writing? Are you currently or do you ever dream of one day being in the writing industry?

>>Storytelling has been a big part of my life since I was a kid, whether I was daydreaming about fantasy worlds, reading every book I could get my hands on, or actually writing. About six years ago I finished my first work that was longer than a short story and decided that I wanted to take my writing more seriously. I'm currently part of Wattpad's Creators program, and in the future I would love to pursue self- or traditional publishing.

Did any story, on or off Wattpad, inspire you ever and help you carve your interest towards writing books?

>>This is a tough question, because I read a lot, and every book I read inspires me in some small way, whether it's an author's beautiful prose, their lovable, realistic characters, or how they masterfully weave plot elements together. I can't say that any particular book stands out as being more influential than any other.

What is the genre(s) in which you mostly write your books? Do you think you are able to create brilliant plots when you write in that specific genre(s)?

>>I primarily write romance and contemporary fiction with romantic elements, for both young adult and adult audiences. Do I think I create brilliant plots? Honestly, I would say that plot is my weakest point. I think that my strength lies in creating flawed and relatable characters that readers can root for. Romance is a great genre for getting to explore character with a lot of depth and nuance, because in romance, plot is secondary to the characters and their growth.

What advice would you like to give to authors who are writing in the same genre(s) as yours?

>>My biggest piece of advice for any author is: Write what brings you joy. If you're having fun with what you're writing, that will show through in the quality of the book, and your readers will have fun, too! Conversely, if the book is a slog and you hate it, that will also show and your readers may find the book a slog as well.