@AndrewPeterkin

Hello fellow Wattpadders! Today we have AndrewPeterkin with us, the author of the book, EL CAZADO: BOOK ONE.

I am Abhipreeti (_abhipreeti_) and I have interviewed Andrew, a.k.a, AndrewPeterkin.

Andrew is a 37-year-old African Canadian-Bajan writer based in Toronto

Andrew is a 37-year-old African Canadian-Bajan writer based in Toronto. Andrew first started writing poetry at a very young age, mostly about his relationship with God and about his experiences in the world around him. He started writing fiction later in life as a way to express himself and share stories that would make people think differently about the world. During the day, you can find Andrew working as a psychotherapist and he also enjoys spending time at the gym and trying new food.

At what age did you realize that you have a special place for writing? Are you currently or do you ever dream of one day being in the writing industry?

>>I knew writing was important to me at a very young age, around 9 years old. I started out writing poetry and used it as a way to talk about issues that I noticed within my community. I started realizing that I had the potential to write well in Gr. 12 when I wrote about a situation in my neighbourhood and read it out loud to my class. It was not until years later that I started developing a love for writing novels, but I had no intention of actually showing my work to anyone.

I wasn't dreaming about being part of the writing industry; I just enjoy creating stories. But I am open to whatever God would have for me.

Did any story, on or off Wattpad, inspire you ever and help you carve your interest towards writing books?

>>The books I really loved growing up were Redwall books written by Brian Jacques. I started reading them as a kid. Long story short I had a teacher named Mrs. Campbell who pushed me to read books in the gr.6-8 section. I have a mother who always read to me as well. The movie "Freedom Writers" also inspired me to write. But the book that inspires me the most is the Bible, especially with the poetry that I write.

What is the genre(s) in which you mostly write your books? Do you think you are able to create brilliant plots when you write in that specific genre(s)?

>>I write fantasy/sci fi books. I really like creating new worlds - I think everything I have written so far has been in that genre, except for the poetry of course.

What advice would you like to give to authors who are writing in the same genre(s) as yours?

>>I would tell authors to be free and creative. Don't try and write what is popular, just write what appeals to you. Talk about the things that you want to talk about and put it in your stories. Do not worry about whether people will like it. Just write and enjoy the process. Have fun with it.