@avadel

Hello fellow Wattpadders! Today we have avadel (Laine Nichols) with us, the author of the book, The Right to Die.

I am Abhipreeti (_abhipreeti_), and I have interviewed one of the authors of the shared profile avadel, a.k.a, Laine Nichols.

Laine Nichols is a computer scientist by day and a fantasci writer by night

Laine Nichols is a computer scientist by day and a fantasci writer by night. With her co-author and sister Aria, she's published two epic fantasci novels and runs Avadel Ink, a business that helps cash-strapped authors prepare their books for publishing.

At what age did you realize that you have a special place for writing? Are you currently or do you ever dream of one day being in the writing industry?

>>I don't remember ever not writing. I have reams of story notebooks from when I was a teenager; I 'wrote' before I knew how to spell by keyboard mashing and imagining the scenes in my head. I don't see any of that letting up any time soon.

My co-author and I have already published two books with two more on the way. However, the ultimate dream would be to one day have a story picked up by a traditional publisher.

Did any story, on or off Wattpad, inspire you ever and help you carve your interest towards writing books?

>>I grew up with a voracious appetite for books. Eragon by Christopher Paolini was probably the most influential from an early age. However, in recent years Le Guin's The Left Hand of Darkness, Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House, and Kincaid's The Diabolic tend to sit in the back of my mind when I'm brainstorming elements of my stories.

What is the genre(s) in which you mostly write your books? Do you think you are able to create brilliant plots when you write in that specific genre(s)?

>>My stories typically fall into a fun mix of fantasy and sci-fi where magic and technology collide. It makes for super interesting worldbuilding, and while I won't be brave enough to call my own plots brilliant, I will be cheeky enough to say that the readers seem to enjoy them.

What advice would you like to give to authors who are writing in the same genre(s) as yours?

>>Don't be afraid to break the rules! Sometimes people might tell you that your story doesn't fit into the genre; it doesn't have to. 'There are no new stories,' but pushing artistic boundaries is the closest we can come to finding some.