Chapter 23: Soulmates

Warning: Light Smut!

I look into the bathroom mirror. My mascara smudged under my eyes. I wanted to stay looking in the mirror forever. Not having to face anything besides my own reflection. But, I couldn't give myself the comfort knowing what I knew from Pansy.

I hear a knock on the bathroom door.

"Who is it?" I ask trying to lighten up my voice.

"It's Enzo. You didn't make it to dinner even though I made your favorite so either you are on mushrooms, or something's wrong."

His soft voice made me let down my guard.

"Is anyone with you?" I ask through the door.

"No y/n, it's just me. Now, let me in before I kick down this damn door. Respectfully of course. But I'm serious." He lowers his voice.

I open the door. Enzo looks at my face as he closes the door. He immediately hugs me.

"Don't talk. You don't have to. Just cry if you want, scream, kick, do whatever you need."

I drop to the floor and sob. He holds me in his arms.

"I don't know what to believe anymore. I barely recognize myself Enzo." I sob into his chest. He rubs my back.

"I look in the mirror and see a girl who used to be sarcastic, loved watching movies and board games, but now, I see a ghost with a ring on her finger. A ghost who forgot how she became one in the first place." I finally get my sentence out through sniffles and tears.

Enzo looks into my eyes.

"Oh y/n." He wipes my tears.

"You are so many things. You still are the girl who likes movies and board games. You just added things to you. That doesn't make you any less. The y/n I know loves animals. You like Swedish fish. You are compassionate, loyal, and never give up. And yes, you have a ring on your finger, but that's because you found someone who was worthy enough. Because another thing I know about you, you are one stubborn motherfucker."

I laugh unexpectedly as he smiles at me.

"The ring just shows you want to share that amazing personality with someone else."

I look up at him. For a moment I saw a glimpse of the night from the Yule Ball. I quickly pushed it out of my head.

"Thank you Enzo."

He hugs me and pushes my messy hair out of my face.

"Now about this Mattheo thing, you have to communicate. Remember the last time you didn't, well let's not repeat that butterfly hm?"

My eyes widened a little.

"Excuse me, what did you just call me?" I laugh.

"Well you call me Enzo. And you can't shorten Rose unless it's Ro-Ro and you hate that. So I'm trying out nicknames." He smiles back at me before leaving the bathroom.

The door shuts and I look back in the mirror. The color came back to my skin. I try to turn on the shower. It sputters and makes a sound that kinda sounded like a dying pigeon. I groan as I wash my face and change into my pjs.