Chapter 11: Shattered

TW: Violence, Blood, and Panic Attack

I woke up with Mattheos arm across my chest, a smile on his face as he slept. I was still a bit shaken from everything that happened last night. I went to the bathroom to splash some water on my face. I looked up into the mirror at my face. Seeing my reflection, but then the mirror went dark with someone screaming in it.

I stopped breathing and started to scream. I hit it and the glass shattered. The glass cut me and there was blood everywhere. Mattheo ran into the bathroom and looked at the glass.

As he swung open the door I was frozen.

"Sunshine, what happened? Are you alright?"

I stood there, not understanding what had just happened. I started to panic and tried to explain what happened.

"Mattheo, I-I saw someone inside the mirror and they were screaming, I was scared so I punched the gl-glass and I..."

I started having a panic attack. I fell into his arms and he held me while rubbing my back.

"Y/n it's ok. It doesn't look like you have any glass still in your skin. I'll clean this up. We can talk more after. Just sit down at my desk."

He kissed my forehead before I sat down.

After he cleaned up the mess he carried me bridal style to the tub and helped me take my clothes off since I was still shaken by what happened.

He turned on the hot water and sat me in the tub. He grabbed a rag and some body wash and started helping me clean up.

"I'm sorry that I punched the mirror and that you have to take care of me-"

He pushed his finger to my lips.

"Don't apologize, never apologize to me. I'm always going to be here for you and take care of you. In fact I have a feeling this my fault."

My eyebrows furrowed.

"What do you mean?"

"My father likes to play mind games. I'm afraid this is maybe one of them. God why are you getting involved with me-"

I kissed him and held his face.

"I stay with you because I love you. I have loved you for all of my life. No way in hell am I giving up my chance. Now will you come in the tub with me, please?!"

He laughed and started undressing. Once he got in the tub with me he rubbed my shoulders and peppered my neck with kisses.

Mattheo whispered into my ear "You are my whole world y/n. You always have been and always will be. I just don't want you to be trapped."

"I promise you I'm not trapped, and if there is anyone in this world I would want to be trapped with it's you."

He grabbed a towel and started to dry himself off and went to get dressed, leaving me alone waiting.

When he got back he carried me bridal-style onto his bed. I got dressed in some of his clothes.

I could smell his cologne on the shirt. The warmth from knowing him, loving him, it was something you only find once in a lifetime. I'm glad I met him in this one.